Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Conda installers available!

More
3 years 10 months ago #2878 by lbittrich
Hi Matthias, thanks for the fast reply! This is the output:

netgen 6.2.2004 py37h9ffcb49_1 conda-forge
ngsolve 6.2.2004 py37_6 ngsolve

so basically this a bug report for netgen? However, I checked all the environment for the library and got no result, so the library is not just missing in the ngsolve directories but also in netgen.

Best regard,
Lars
More
3 years 10 months ago #2879 by matthiash
Hi Lars,

The netgen package in conda-forge is not maintained by us and is built without GUI support, hence the missing *vis* libraries.
You need to install netgen from the ngsolve channel as well.

Best,
Matthias
More
3 years 10 months ago #2880 by lbittrich
Hi Mattias,

That is interesting. It pulled in netgen from conda-forge automatically. I checked my .condarc and the ngsolve channel was first. But even the "conda install -c ngsolve netgen" was pulling it from conda-forge. I fixed it with "conda config --set channel_priority strict". Then I got it from the ngsolve channel but after installing ngsolve again in downgraded to 6.2.1910. With "conda update --all" I got it back to " 6.2.2004" but then the packages "six" and "openblas" were missing -> so installing that "conda install six openblas" it is now working fine.

Thank you!
Lars
More
3 years 10 months ago #2881 by christopher
Hi Lars,
Maybe you already had netgen installed by installing freecad or so? Then I guess conda doesn't upgrade to the ngsolve channel version automatically. An option to try then is to install ngsolve in a dedicated environment.
Best
More
3 years 10 months ago #2882 by lbittrich
Hi Christopher,
Actually that is exactly what I did! My problem was solved now, but in case someone else encounters the same problem I described my solution anyways. I just verified again:
conda create --name ngsolve_test python=3.7
conda activate ngsolve_test
conda config --add channels conda-forge
conda config --add channels ngsolve
conda install ngsolve

results in the following package list:
netgen conda-forge/osx-64::netgen-6.2.2004-py37h9ffcb49_1
nettle conda-forge/osx-64::nettle-3.4.1-h3efe00b_1002
ngsolve ngsolve/osx-64::ngsolve-6.2.2004-py37_6

only with:

conda config --set channel_priority strict

I get:

netgen ngsolve/osx-64::netgen-6.2.1910-py37_44
ngsolve ngsolve/osx-64::ngsolve-6.2.1910-py37_28

again. However all the channel priorities and channel lists entries are global to all environments so using this instead might be more useful:

conda config --env --add channels conda-forge ngsolve

Best,
Lars
More
3 years 10 months ago #2884 by dengcy
Replied by dengcy on topic In compatible with CUDA 11.0
Code:
conda install -c ngsolve ngsolve Collecting package metadata (current_repodata.json): done Solving environment: failed with initial frozen solve. Retrying with flexible solve. Solving environment: failed with repodata from current_repodata.json, will retry with next repodata source. Collecting package metadata (repodata.json): done Solving environment: failed with initial frozen solve. Retrying with flexible solve. Solving environment: / Found conflicts! Looking for incompatible packages. This can take several minutes. Press CTRL-C to abort. failed UnsatisfiableError: The following specifications were found to be incompatible with each other: Output in format: Requested package -> Available versionsThe following specifications were found to be incompatible with your CUDA driver: - feature:/win-64::__cuda==11.0=0 Your installed CUDA driver is: 11.0

Does NGSolve even need CUDA? I am surprised to see this conflict.
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds