Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Conda installers available!

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #2206 by liubenyuan
I installed tcl/tk globally in my archlinux
Code:
~$ pacman -Q tcl tcl 8.6.10-1 ~$ pacman -Q tk tk 8.6.10-1 ~$ ls /usr/lib/libtcl8.6.so /usr/lib/libtcl8.6.so ~$

and about netgen/ngsolve,
Code:
~$ python3 -c "import netgen;print(netgen.__file__)" /usr/share/miniconda3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/netgen/__init__.py ~$ python3 -c "import ngsolve;print(ngsolve.__file__)" importing NGSolve-6.2.1909-72-g3c8f3a0d /usr/share/miniconda3/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ngsolve/__init__.py
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by liubenyuan.
More
4 years 2 months ago #2259 by jorgens
Replied by jorgens on topic Conda installers available!
Looks like UMFPACK is not part of the conda package. This leads to problems. For example when using the Elasticity Modeltemplate. Would it be possible to add UMFPACK?
More
4 years 2 months ago #2263 by christopher
Not sure why mhochsteger disabled umfpack, maybe there was a problem with the suitesparse dependency in conda. I will have a look into this next week or so. In the meantime, the pardiso solver should be available in the conda installer and should work instead of umpfack.
Best
Christopher
More
4 years 2 months ago #2264 by jorgens
Replied by jorgens on topic Conda installers available!
Thanks a lot for the quick reply and fantastic tools! My Problem with the missing UMFPack is that I am using the Elastic Templates, specifically I am looking at the example github.com/NGSolve/modeltemplates/blob/m...amples/elasticity.py .

So I am working on a quite high level.

You can get Elasticity to work without the UMFPack, if you use HookeMaterial and set nonlinear to False. But otherwise initiating the class will fail and I do not really see how I would change to the paradiso solver.

Anyways I have succeeded to compile the code from scratch within my docker setup so the issue is not pressing. Just wanted to let you know...
More
4 years 2 months ago #2293 by Guosheng Fu
Hello,

I used the following lines to install ngsolve via the Conda installer in my local cluster:
Code:
module load conda conda create --prefix ~/NGSolve source activate ~/NGSolve conda config --add channels conda-forge conda config --add channels ngsolve conda install ngsolve
The installation was successful, everything is local in my folder ~/NGSolve
However, the gui is not working properly, it only pops up a window without any information. See attached photo.

Best,
Guosheng
More
4 years 2 months ago #2294 by Guosheng Fu
Hello again, please discard the previous message, after run
Code:
python3 -c "import netgen; print(netgen.__file__)"
I realized that it is pointing to an older build from source without GUI.

After a correct environment setup, everything seems working up to now. In particular, the umfpack and pardiso solver are all working nicely.

Thanks again for all your effort to make easier the installation!!!
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds