Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Conda installers available!

More
3 years 11 months ago #2561 by Aggarwal
Does it work with Windows 10 as well? I've been trying to set up NGSGUI on Spyder but it's not working. Jupyter is working fine
More
3 years 11 months ago #2562 by christopher
Hi,
it should be. What problems do you run into?
More
3 years 11 months ago #2566 by Aggarwal
I'm facing problem with ipykernel versions. For running spyder, it requires the ipynernel version to be 5 and up and for running jupyter, it requires ipykernel version to be 4.10
More
3 years 11 months ago #2574 by christopher
Afaik ipykernel >= 5.2 has fixed the problem if you are not a windows user. For windows users I'm not sure...
If you remove the dependency from the setup.py and install it is there a problem?

Best
Christopher
More
3 years 9 months ago #2876 by lbittrich
Hi, I am trying the conda package with python 3.7 under MacOS. However, the install of the jupyter extension and any other import of ngsolve fails:

File "/Users/bittrich/opt/anaconda3/envs/ngsolve/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ngsolve/__init__.py", line 13, in <module>
from .ngslib import __version__, ngstd, bla, la, fem, comp, solve
ImportError: dlopen(/Users/bittrich/opt/anaconda3/envs/ngsolve/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ngsolve/ngslib.so, 2): Library not loaded: @rpath/libstlvis.dylib
Referenced from: /Users/bittrich/opt/anaconda3/envs/ngsolve/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ngsolve/ngslib.so
Reason: image not found

Somehow libstlvis.dylib is missing. It is nowhere to be found so it is not just an issue of the relative path linking.
More
3 years 9 months ago #2877 by matthiash
Hi,

libstlvis.dylib is part of netgen, which exact versions of netgen and ngsolve do you have installed?
Please post the output of
> conda list | grep "netgen\|ngsolve"

Best,
Matthias
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds