Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Conda installers available!

More
4 years 4 months ago #2169 by matthiash
Experimental conda installers are now available. For instructions refer to the downloads page .

Currently not supported is :
  • Code generation at run-time

In case you experience any issues, please post them here.

Best,
Matthias
The following user(s) said Thank You: creativeworker
More
4 years 4 months ago #2170 by creativeworker
I tried today on macOS 10.15 in combination with Anaconda 2019.10
It works perfectly! I works with Spyder and PyCharm.

Just a small note, I used the following commands to add channels
Code:
conda config --add channels conda-forge conda config --add channels ngsolve conda install ngsolve
More
4 years 4 months ago #2171 by matthiash
Thanks for the feedback, I fixed the commands on the download page :)
More
4 years 4 months ago #2172 by creativeworker
A second thing that I just noticed:

When I want to compile my C++ Extensions, CMake can't find the cmake files:
Code:
NetgenConfig.cmake netgen-config.cmake

I think the find_package command in the NGSolveConfig.cmake has to be updated.
More
4 years 4 months ago #2173 by matthiash
mylittlengsolve builds fine on my Mac (also 10.15). Make sure you have no other NGSolve installation available. Maybe cmake is finding the wrong Netgen or NGSolve in /Applications/Netgen.app?

In case you cannot fix the issue, post/send the CMakeCache.txt file in you build directory.

Anyway, there is still another bug: compiled python modules shall not link to libpython, as it is statically linked to the python executable in conda. This results in a segfault when loading the module. A fix in the cmake function add_ngsolve_python_module() will be released later today.

Best,
Matthias
More
4 years 4 months ago #2174 by creativeworker
Thanks for your fast reply. The installation is complete clean, so I'm sure there is nowhere else the NGSolve and I double checked that there are not any false environment variables.

Find attached the CMakeCache.txt. To produce this I only changed the CMakeLists.txt to give the find_package function a hint to the ngsolve CMake file:
Code:
HINTS /Users/username/opt/anaconda3/pkgs/ngsolve-6.2.1909-py37_91/lib/cmake/ngsolve

File Attachment:

File Name: CMakeCache.txt
File Size:43 KB

So, perhaps you have set up environment variables that I don't have?
Attachments:
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds