Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

ngsxfem installing issues

More
4 years 1 month ago #2458 by schruste
Replied by schruste on topic ngsxfem installing issues
Hi,
it's a compatibility problem of the ngsxfem and ngsolve version. If you check for the ngsolve-submodules version you can see which ngsolve-version is compatible with the corresponding ngsxfem-version. We do not in general provide a day-to-day compatibility of our main branches. To clarify on the compatibility you can use the submodule information.

In your case: The ngsxfem-commit that you pulled is not compatible with the most recent ngsolve version (due to an only seemingly minor change in the core of ngsolve).

Anyhow, I updated ngsxfem now so that it should be compatible to the recent ngsolve, so updating ngsxfem may be sufficient for now.

Best,
Christoph
More
4 years 1 month ago #2460 by Amad
Replied by Amad on topic ngsxfem installing issues
Hi Christoph,

Thank you for the quick response.
I updated NGSxfem and, when I tried to install it, I received the following message
Code:
[100%] Built target ngsxfem_py Install the project... -- Install configuration: "" -- Installing: /usr/bin/share/ngsxfem/cutint/area_of_a_circle_quads.py CMake Error at cutint/py_demos/cmake_install.cmake:41 (file): file INSTALL cannot copy file "/home/alan/ngsxfem/cutint/py_demos/area_of_a_circle_quads.py" to "/usr/bin/share/ngsxfem/cutint/area_of_a_circle_quads.py". Call Stack (most recent call first): cutint/cmake_install.cmake:42 (include) cmake_install.cmake:42 (include) Makefile:73: recipe for target 'install' failed make: *** [install] Error 1

My NGSolve was updated automatically for the new version NGSolve-6.2.2002. If better, how can I install an old version of NGSolve? Tell me how to install an old version and I will do it on my computer.

Thank you for your time.
More
4 years 1 month ago #2461 by schruste
Hi again,

Not sure what is going wrong here. The build was complete, which is good. Installation, i.e. merely copying the files seems to go wrong. Do you have the rights to write to /usr/bin, i.e. are you calling with sudo? Otherwise, have you tried installing locally, instead?

Best,
Christoph
More
4 years 1 month ago #2462 by Amad
Replied by Amad on topic ngsxfem installing issues
Hi Christoph,

Using sudo it was possible to install
Code:
sudo make install [100%] Built target ngsxfem_py Install the project... -- Install configuration: "" -- Installing: /usr/bin/share/ngsxfem/cutint/area_of_a_circle_quads.py -- Installing: /usr/bin/share/ngsxfem/cutint/integrate_one_big_quad2D.py -- Installing: /usr/bin/share/ngsxfem/cutint/integrate_one_big_quad3D.py -- Installing: /usr/bin/lib/python3/dist-packages/xfem/ngsxfem_py.so -- Set runtime path of "/usr/bin/lib/python3/dist-packages/xfem/ngsxfem_py.so" to "$ORIGIN/../../../netgen" -- Installing: /usr/bin/lib/python3/dist-packages/xfem/__init__.py -- Installing: /usr/bin/lib/python3/dist-packages/xfem/cutmg.py -- Installing: /usr/bin/include/netgen/p1interpol.hpp -- Installing: /usr/bin/include/netgen/xprolongation.hpp -- Installing: /usr/bin/include/netgen/restrictedblf.hpp -- Installing: /usr/bin/include/netgen/ngsxstd.hpp -- Installing: /usr/bin/include/netgen/bitarraycf.hpp -- Installing: /usr/bin/include/netgen/cutinfo.hpp -- Installing: /usr/bin/include/netgen/ghostpenalty.hpp -- Installing: /usr/bin/include/netgen/xFESpace.hpp -- Installing: /usr/bin/include/netgen/sFESpace.hpp -- Installing: /usr/bin/include/netgen/xfemdiffops.hpp -- Installing: /usr/bin/include/netgen/xfiniteelement.hpp -- Installing: /usr/bin/include/netgen/symboliccutbfi.hpp -- Installing: /usr/bin/include/netgen/symboliccutlfi.hpp -- Installing: /usr/bin/share/ngsxfem/cutfem.py -- Installing: /usr/bin/share/ngsxfem/fictdom_dg_ghostpen.py -- Installing: /usr/bin/share/ngsxfem/fictdom_ghostpen.py -- Installing: /usr/bin/share/ngsxfem/fictdom_ghostpen_restrictedblf.py -- Installing: /usr/bin/share/ngsxfem/moving_domain.py -- Installing: /usr/bin/share/ngsxfem/nxfem.py -- Installing: /usr/bin/share/ngsxfem/nxfem_higher_order.py -- Installing: /usr/bin/share/ngsxfem/stokesxfem.py -- Installing: /usr/bin/share/ngsxfem/traceconverg.py -- Installing: /usr/bin/share/ngsxfem/tracefem.py -- Installing: /usr/bin/share/ngsxfem/tracefem3d.py -- Installing: /usr/bin/share/ngsxfem/xfespaces.py -- Installing: /usr/bin/share/ngsxfem/mpi/mpi_nxfem.py -- Installing: /usr/bin/include/netgen/shiftintegrators.hpp -- Installing: /usr/bin/include/netgen/calcpointshift.hpp -- Installing: /usr/bin/include/netgen/calcgeomerrors.hpp -- Installing: /usr/bin/include/netgen/lsetrefine.hpp -- Installing: /usr/bin/include/netgen/projshift.hpp -- Installing: /usr/bin/include/netgen/shiftedevaluate.hpp -- Installing: /usr/bin/lib/python3/dist-packages/xfem/lsetcurv.py -- Installing: /usr/bin/share/ngsxfem/lsetcurv/integrate.py -- Installing: /usr/bin/share/ngsxfem/lsetcurv/lsetgeoms.py -- Installing: /usr/bin/share/ngsxfem/report/ngsxfem_report.py -- Installing: /usr/bin/include/netgen/SpaceTimeFE.hpp -- Installing: /usr/bin/include/netgen/SpaceTimeFESpace.hpp -- Installing: /usr/bin/include/netgen/diffopDt.hpp -- Installing: /usr/bin/include/netgen/timecf.hpp -- Installing: /usr/bin/include/netgen/spacetime_vtk.hpp -- Installing: /usr/bin/lib/python3/dist-packages/xfem/lset_spacetime.py -- Installing: /usr/bin/share/ngsxfem/spaceP1_timeDGP1.py

But when I ran the tests
Code:
Running tests... Test project /home/alan/ngsxfem/build Start 1: cpu_usage 1/20 Test #1: cpu_usage ........................ Passed 0.19 sec Start 2: py_tutorial_nxfem_lo 2/20 Test #2: py_tutorial_nxfem_lo .............***Failed 0.38 sec Start 3: py_tutorial_cutfem_lo 3/20 Test #3: py_tutorial_cutfem_lo ............***Failed 0.39 sec Start 4: py_tutorial_nxfem_ho 4/20 Test #4: py_tutorial_nxfem_ho .............***Failed 0.26 sec Start 5: py_tutorial_tracefem 5/20 Test #5: py_tutorial_tracefem .............***Failed 0.38 sec Start 6: py_tutorial_stokesxfem 6/20 Test #6: py_tutorial_stokesxfem ...........***Failed 0.26 sec Start 7: py_tutorial_fictdom 7/20 Test #7: py_tutorial_fictdom ..............***Failed 0.39 sec Start 8: py_tutorial_fictdom_dg 8/20 Test #8: py_tutorial_fictdom_dg ...........***Failed 0.39 sec Start 9: pytests_xfes_ndof 9/20 Test #9: pytests_xfes_ndof ................***Failed 0.05 sec Start 10: pytests_cutint 10/20 Test #10: pytests_cutint ...................***Failed 0.06 sec Start 11: pytests_straightcutrule 11/20 Test #11: pytests_straightcutrule ..........***Failed 0.04 sec Start 12: pytests_backupcutrule 12/20 Test #12: pytests_backupcutrule ............***Failed 0.03 sec Start 13: pytests_intcurved 13/20 Test #13: pytests_intcurved ................***Failed 0.04 sec Start 14: pytests_nxfem 14/20 Test #14: pytests_nxfem ....................***Failed 0.05 sec Start 15: pytests_shifteval 15/20 Test #15: pytests_shifteval ................***Failed 0.05 sec Start 16: pytests_quadchallenges 16/20 Test #16: pytests_quadchallenges ...........***Failed 0.03 sec Start 17: pytests_num_nxfem 17/20 Test #17: pytests_num_nxfem ................***Failed 0.05 sec Start 18: pytests_spacetimecutrule 18/20 Test #18: pytests_spacetimecutrule .........***Failed 0.05 sec Start 19: pytests_spacetime_vtk 19/20 Test #19: pytests_spacetime_vtk ............***Failed 0.04 sec Start 20: pytests_navier_stokes 20/20 Test #20: pytests_navier_stokes ............***Failed 0.05 sec 5% tests passed, 19 tests failed out of 20 Total Test time (real) = 3.18 sec The following tests FAILED: 2 - py_tutorial_nxfem_lo (Failed) 3 - py_tutorial_cutfem_lo (Failed) 4 - py_tutorial_nxfem_ho (Failed) 5 - py_tutorial_tracefem (Failed) 6 - py_tutorial_stokesxfem (Failed) 7 - py_tutorial_fictdom (Failed) 8 - py_tutorial_fictdom_dg (Failed) 9 - pytests_xfes_ndof (Failed) 10 - pytests_cutint (Failed) 11 - pytests_straightcutrule (Failed) 12 - pytests_backupcutrule (Failed) 13 - pytests_intcurved (Failed) 14 - pytests_nxfem (Failed) 15 - pytests_shifteval (Failed) 16 - pytests_quadchallenges (Failed) 17 - pytests_num_nxfem (Failed) 18 - pytests_spacetimecutrule (Failed) 19 - pytests_spacetime_vtk (Failed) 20 - pytests_navier_stokes (Failed) Errors while running CTest Makefile:129: recipe for target 'test' failed make: *** [test] Error 8

Or running a simple tutorial example I received this message
Code:
optfile ./ng.opt does not exist - using default values togl-version : 2 OCC module loaded loading ngsolve library NGSolve-6.2.2002 Using Lapack Including sparse direct solver UMFPACK Running parallel using 8 thread(s) importing NGSolve-6.2.2002 Traceback (most recent call last): File "testBasics.py", line 10, in <module> from xfem import * ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'xfem'

Sorry to bother you with this.
More
4 years 1 month ago #2463 by schruste
Ok, the default install target seems to be wrong.

It seems that the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX is one level to low. It seems to be /usr/bin where it should only be /usr .
First uninstall ngsxfem again by calling "sudo xargs rm < install_manifest.txt" from the build directory. Then, reconfigure with "cmake ... -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr" or (better) choose a different local directory.

Best,
Christoph
More
3 years 8 months ago #3002 by kaipeng
I also meet the same errors when I run make test
The following tests FAILED:
2 - py_tutorial_nxfem_lo (Failed)
3 - py_tutorial_cutfem_lo (Failed)
4 - py_tutorial_nxfem_ho (Failed)
5 - py_tutorial_tracefem (Failed)
6 - py_tutorial_stokesxfem (Failed)
7 - py_tutorial_fictdom (Failed)