Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

ngsxfem installing issues

More
1 year 1 month ago #4683 by hvwahl
Replied by hvwahl on topic ngsxfem installing issues
Hi Diana,

I don't know why that error persists. The latest dev builds on pypi are built with ngsolve 6.2.2301 from pypi, so they should be compatible. Maybe try and remove ngsolve/netgen and xfem and try a fresh installation of everything. Otherwise, the fastest way to get xfem working would be to build it  from source

Best wishes,
Henry 
More
1 year 1 month ago #4686 by hvwahl
Replied by hvwahl on topic ngsxfem installing issues
Hi Diana,

one more suggestion: Remove your current xfem, ngsolve, netgen installations, install the ngsolve version compatible with the last stable release of xfem (pip install ngsolve==6.2.2204) and then install xfem (pip install xfem).

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Henry
More
1 year 1 month ago #4708 by dianam
Replied by dianam on topic ngsxfem installing issues
Hi Henry,

Sorry for the late reply. Just wanted to say this worked! Thank you for your assistance :)

Best,
Diana
More
1 year 1 month ago #4711 by dianam
Replied by dianam on topic ngsxfem installing issues
Hi Henry,

I'm getting a new laptop setup with all of the required packages and now when I try "pip install ngsolve==6.2.2204" in terminal I get an error message that states:=====================================================================================
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement ngsolve==6.2.2204 (from versions: none)ERROR: No matching distribution found for ngsolve==6.2.2204
=====================================================================================

What could be the reason for this? I'm afraid of installing a newer ngsolve version in case there's compatibility issues with xfem (which I am yet to install on this new machine). I appreciate your help!

Best,
Diana
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds