Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

ngsxfem installing issues

More
3 years 6 months ago #3144 by nepomuk
Replied by nepomuk on topic ngsxfem installing issues
Hi Christoph,

so now I have cloned the master branch, the error when making changed somehow....

In file included from /usr/share/ngsxfem/python/../utils/python_utils.cpp:9,
from /usr/share/ngsxfem/python/python_ngsxfem.cpp:5:
/usr/share/ngsxfem/python/../utils/../utils/restrictedblf.hpp:29:25: error: conflicting return type specified for ‘virtual ngla::MatrixGraph ngcomp::RestrictedBilinearForm::GetGraph(int, bool)’
29 | virtual MatrixGraph GetGraph (int level, bool symmetric);
| ^~~~~~~~
In file included from /usr/include/netgen/comp.hpp:57,
from /usr/include/netgen/solve.hpp:19,
from /usr/share/ngsxfem/python/../cutint/python_cutint.cpp:4,
from /usr/share/ngsxfem/python/python_ngsxfem.cpp:4:
/usr/include/netgen/bilinearform.hpp:202:27: note: overridden function is ‘virtual ngla::MatrixGraph* ngcomp::BilinearForm::GetGraph(int, bool)’
202 | virtual MatrixGraph * GetGraph (int level, bool symmetric);
| ^~~~~~~~

BR,
Nepomuk
More
3 years 6 months ago #3145 by hvwahl
Replied by hvwahl on topic ngsxfem installing issues
Hi Nepomuk,

- The default branch is 'release' rather than 'master'
- ngsxfem was updated to work with the then current master branch of ngsolve on the 7th August. I'm guessing that the difference in ngsolve was introduced between the 7th and the release of ngsolve v6.2.2007.

You can therefore go back a commit on the xfem master branch to 8fe562bfef4fb3478648dda9d1167247e511b329 which compiles with ngsolve v6.2.2007 or go to the latest master branches on both ngsolve and xfem which are also compatible.

Best wishes,
Henry
More
3 years 6 months ago #3146 by nepomuk
Replied by nepomuk on topic ngsxfem installing issues
Hi Henry,

it worked. Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Nepomuk
More
1 year 1 month ago #4671 by dianam
Replied by dianam on topic ngsxfem installing issues
Hi all,

I am having issues installing xfem. I had ngsolve previously installed so to add the xfem module I simply did:

pip3 install xfem

in terminal. It says xfem version 2.0.2204 is successfully installed. When I try "import xfem" in a jupyter notebook, I receive the following error:ImportError: dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/lib/python3.8/site-packages/xfem/ngsxfem_py.so, 2): Symbol not found: __ZNK6ngcomp14S_BilinearFormINSt3__17complexIdEEE17LapackEigenSystemERN5ngbla10FlatMatrixIS3_LNS5_8ORDERINGE1EEERN6ngcore9LocalHeapE
Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/lib/python3.8/site-packages/xfem/ngsxfem_py.so
Expected in: /Applications/Netgen.app/Contents/MacOS/libngcomp.dylib
in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/lib/python3.8/site-packages/xfem/ngsxfem_py.so

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I've been stuck for days trying to get xfem to work.

Best,
Diana
More
1 year 1 month ago #4672 by hvwahl
Replied by hvwahl on topic ngsxfem installing issues
Hi Diana,

which version of NGSolve do you have?

Best wishes,
Henry
More
1 year 1 month ago #4673 by dianam
Replied by dianam on topic ngsxfem installing issues
Hi Henry,

I have netgen-mesher version 6.2.2301 and ngsolve version 6.2.2301 installed.

Best,
Diana
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds