Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

ngsxfem installing issues

More
3 years 8 months ago #3022 by schruste
Replied by schruste on topic ngsxfem installing issues
Dear kaipeng,

The INSTLOCATION is the target for the installation. Do you have a pre-installed ngsolve installation or are you building ngsolve with ngsxfem? In the first caseit is the most simple approach to use the same installation direction (although not necessary). If you take a different directory, make sure that libraries are found by setting the environment variables correctly.
Please write down the steps of your (failed) installation try from start to finish to give us an idea on what your configuration is like.

Best,
Christoph
More
3 years 8 months ago #3052 by Ulfsby
Replied by Ulfsby on topic ngsxfem installing issues
I tried to reinstall ngsolve and ngsxfem today, and ran into a problem. After reinstalling the newest version of ngsolve, I got the following error when compiling ngsxfem:
Code:
error: conflicting return type specified for ‘virtual ngla::MatrixGraph ngcomp::RestrictedBilinearForm::GetGraph(int, bool)’ virtual MatrixGraph GetGraph (int level, bool symmetric);
and
Code:
error: overriding ‘virtual ngla::MatrixGraph* ngcomp::BilinearForm::GetGraph(int, bool)’ virtual MatrixGraph * GetGraph (int level, bool symmetric);

I see that the file containing this function is changed in the latest release (from August 7th). Is this a bug?

I am currently installing the version of ngsxfem from April along with the corresponding ngsolve version, but it would be nice to use a newer version.
More
3 years 8 months ago #3053 by schruste
Hi Tale Bakken,

The release branch is only compatible with the April-NGsolve as you realised. The release branch is only synchronised every now and then. However, the master branch should be working with a recent ngsolve. Please try it out. A new release which is compatible with a recent NGSolve is on the ToDo list.

Best,
Christoph
More
3 years 7 months ago #3141 by nepomuk
Replied by nepomuk on topic ngsxfem installing issues
Hi,
I got also an issue, after my Linux doing an autoupdate. I tried to re-make XFEM, but I got the following error:

/usr/include/netgen/matrix.hpp: In instantiation of ‘ngbla::Vec<H, decltype (ngstd::RemoveConst((mat(0, 0) * vec(0))))> ngbla::operator*(const ngbla::Mat<H, W, T1>&, const ngbla::Vec<W2, T2>&) [with int H = 1; int W = 1; int W2 = 3; T1 = double; T2 = double; decltype (ngstd::RemoveConst((mat(0, 0) * vec(0)))) = double]’:
/home/nepomuk/ngsxfem/cutint/straightcutrule.cpp:571:39: required from ‘void xintegration::TransformQuadUntrafoToIRInterface(const ngfem::IntegrationRule&, const ngfem::ElementTransformation&, const xintegration::LevelsetWrapper&, ngfem::IntegrationRule*, bool, double) [with unsigned int D = 1]’
/home/nepomuk/ngsxfem/cutint/straightcutrule.cpp:641:121: required from here
/usr/include/netgen/matrix.hpp:2247:21: error: static assertion failed: Mat * Vec dimension mismatch!
2247 | static_assert(W == W2, "Mat * Vec dimension mismatch!");
| ~~^~~~~
/usr/include/netgen/matrix.hpp: In instantiation of ‘ngbla::Vec<H, decltype (ngstd::RemoveConst((mat(0, 0) * vec(0))))> ngbla::operator*(const ngbla::Mat<H, W, T1>&, const ngbla::Vec<W2, T2>&) [with int H = 2; int W = 2; int W2 = 3; T1 = double; T2 = double; decltype (ngstd::RemoveConst((mat(0, 0) * vec(0)))) = double]’:
/home/nepomuk/ngsxfem/cutint/straightcutrule.cpp:571:39: required from ‘void xintegration::TransformQuadUntrafoToIRInterface(const ngfem::IntegrationRule&, const ngfem::ElementTransformation&, const xintegration::LevelsetWrapper&, ngfem::IntegrationRule*, bool, double) [with unsigned int D = 2]’
/home/nepomuk/ngsxfem/cutint/straightcutrule.cpp:642:126: required from here
/usr/include/netgen/matrix.hpp:2247:21: error: static assertion failed: Mat * Vec dimension mismatch!

Is this also because of incompatible NGSolve and XFEM versions?

Thanks!
Nepomuk
More
3 years 7 months ago #3142 by schruste
Hi nepomuk,

Not unlikely that the version don't match. Which versions are you combining?

Best,
Christoph
More
3 years 7 months ago #3143 by nepomuk
Replied by nepomuk on topic ngsxfem installing issues
Hi Christoph,

I have the latets XFEM (just cloned, I hope its by default from the master branch?) and ngsolve 6.2.2007.

BR,
Nepomuk
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds