Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

How to access CreateSmoothingBlocks from python for fes?

More
3 years 2 months ago #3462 by christopher
list and set shouldn't make a difference, in Python we use set to prevent double entries.

You could create a separate Python function that takes in a table and returns a smoother.
More
3 years 2 months ago #3463 by Guosheng Fu
Oh, yes. I can create a python function that takes in a table, and a basematrix to directly create the smoother. This approach further speed up the process by about a factor of 2. Thanks again!
For the timing of constructing a vertex patch block in 3D, python looping is about 200 times slower than the C++ looping (the AFW block in edge space) in my machine, which I found quite interesting.
More
3 years 2 months ago #3464 by christopher
Yes, this is to be expected. The pythonic way of creating the smoother is certainly more for studying purposes than for production code.
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds