Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

proper environment setup for MPI in jupyter notebook

More
3 years 10 months ago #2856 by Guosheng Fu
Hi Lukas,

Thanks for the magic lines, it's all working now.
In my case, I have to preload libmpi.so and libpetsc.so. My ngspy doesn't preload libmkl_rt.so. (NO idea why this is the case, but the code runs anyway)

Also, I have a side question related to jupyter notebook: I would like to print out the convergence history and iteration counts for CGSolver, but it didn't show up in the notebook. Instead, the iteration counts are printed out in my terminal. Any suggestion how to bring these output to notebook?

Best,
Guosheng
More
3 years 10 months ago #2857 by christopher
In ngsolve.krylovspace there is a CGSolver python class. If you use that you should be able to get that information.
Best
More
3 years 10 months ago #2858 by Guosheng Fu
Ah-ha, there are two CGSolvers... didn't notice that, lol
Thanks, Christopher.
More
3 years 6 months ago #3230 by Libo-Yan
Hello Christopher,

I would like to ask, how to install NGSolve MPI/PETESC in Anaconda (win10)?

Thanks in advance!

Libo Yan
More
3 years 6 months ago #3232 by christopher
Hi, sorry there is no windows mpi version yet. Afaik petsc there is no petsc package for win in conda as well. If you want to try NGSolve with petsc I suggest a virtual machine
Best
The following user(s) said Thank You: Libo-Yan
More
3 years 6 months ago #3233 by Libo-Yan
Hello Ikogler,

must we include "intel MPI" in the proper environment setup for MPI in jupyter notebook?
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds