Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

custer installation issue (again)

More
5 years 8 months ago #698 by Guosheng Fu
Hi guys,

I am going through the same installation issue again....

A year ago, with your help I have installed ngsolve in a cluster... but I have no access to the cluster anymore....

Now, I would like to get ngsolve installed on my local cluster, but it cause issue again as usual.

So, after make install, I got the following error message at the final linking stage (100%):

/users/gfu1/data/ngbuild/ngsolve-install/lib/libmesh.so: undefined reference to `gzclose'
/users/gfu1/data/ngbuild/ngsolve-install/lib/libmesh.so: undefined reference to `gzwrite'
/users/gfu1/data/ngbuild/ngsolve-install/lib/libmesh.so: undefined reference to `gzopen'
/users/gfu1/data/ngbuild/ngsolve-install/lib/libmesh.so: undefined reference to `gzread'

A similar linking issue was found a year ago, but the fix there was simple...here I don't have a clue what's going on

Best,
Guosheng
More
5 years 8 months ago #700 by cwinters
Hi,

sounds like you are missing "zlib".
On my ubuntu 18.04 the package "zlib1g-dev" contains what you need. But at least for ubuntu, I thinks that's installed by default. Which OS are you using?

Best,
Christoph
More
5 years 8 months ago #703 by Guosheng Fu
interesting....
I do have a zlib(what is there!?) issue initially, so, I passed the flags in cmake to the correct location
DZLIB_xxx=...
to locate zlib

I thought this shall be enough
More
5 years 8 months ago #704 by Guosheng Fu
We have a RedHat7 system...
More
5 years 8 months ago #706 by cwinters
Hi,

you could check your netgen cmake cache. This file is located in the netgen subfolder of you ngsolve build folder.
My CMakeCache.txt contains these lines.
Code:
//Path to a file. ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=/usr/include //Path to a library. ZLIB_LIBRARY_DEBUG:FILEPATH=ZLIB_LIBRARY_DEBUG-NOTFOUND //Path to a library. ZLIB_LIBRARY_RELEASE:FILEPATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libz.so
Which variable did you set? The location of the following variable should be used as hint to search for the header and the library.
Code:
-DZLIB_INCLUDE_DIRS=...

Best,
Christoph
More
5 years 8 months ago #708 by Guosheng Fu
I have

ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=/gpfs/runtime/opt/zlib/1.2.8
//No help, variable specified on the command line.
ZLIB_LIBRARY:UNINITIALIZED=/gpfs/runtime/opt/zlib/1.2.8/lib

But I don't have
ZLIB_LIBRARY_DEBUG
or
ZLIB_LIBRARY_RELEASE
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds