Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

WSL2 installation problems

More
1 year 3 months ago #4608 by JSR
I have been running ngsolve with the ngsxfem addon on windows using WSL2. I recently tried to update my setup to the newest version of ubuntu+ngsolve+ngsxfem, but it doesn't work anymore. I can open netgen fine, but when I try to import ngsolve I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/home/----/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/ngsolve/__init__.py", line 30, in <module>
    ctypes.CDLL(_mkl_rt)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/ctypes/__init__.py", line 374, in __init__
    self._handle = _dlopen(self._name, mode)
OSError: /home/----/.local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/../../libmkl_rt.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any idea how to fix this?
More
1 year 3 months ago #4609 by mrambausek
Dear JSR,

how (compile from source, via pip,..) did you install ngsolve and ngs-xfem?

Could you please search for any "libmkl_tr" in your /home/----/.local/lib directory?
(with something like "find /home/----/.local/lib -name "*libmkl_rt*")

Best,
MR
More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #4610 by JSR
Replied by JSR on topic WSL2 installation problems
I installed ngsolve using pip (haven't tried to install ngsxfem yet, as ngsolve doesn't work).

When I tried to install ngsolve with apt-get, I got the following error:

libtbb2-dev : Conflicts: libtbb-dev but 2021.5.0-7ubuntu2 is to be installed
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.

The search results returned:
/home/----/.local/lib/libmkl_rt.so.2
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by JSR.
More
1 year 3 months ago #4611 by mrambausek
Oh, on my system I also have .so.2 instead of .so.1, but since I build from source, I could specify the mkl lib manually.
Don't know how to get the .so.1 mkl lib via pip :/
More
1 year 3 months ago #4612 by JSR
Replied by JSR on topic WSL2 installation problems
Any tips on how to do that? I've never built anything from source before, but if that's the only way to install it I guess I'll have to learn...
More
1 year 3 months ago #4613 by mrambausek
There are other options than installation from source for sure.
Unfortunately, I just don't have a lot of experience with them (did a pip install some months ago but did not run into this problem). Maybe someone else who knows what's going on, shows by here.

Which version of the mkl package do you have installed?
("pip list | grep mkl")
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds