Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

PIP installers available!

More
11 months 4 weeks ago #4765 by Farahq11
Replied by Farahq11 on topic PIP installers available!
where can I find this PIP installer for MacOS Monterey version? I have this problem showing up when I launch Netgen. Here is what I get when I open Netgen below. what do I do to be able to open Netgen? I tried downloading Python and it didnt work. thanks /Applications/Netgen.app/Contents/MacOS/startup.sh ; exit;                      farahpiatek@Farahs-MacBook-Air ~ % /Applications/Netgen.app/Contents/MacOS/startup.sh ; exit;dyld[13301]: Library not loaded: '/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/Python'  Referenced from: '/Applications/Netgen.app/Contents/MacOS/netgen'  Reason: tried: '/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/Python' (no such file), '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/Python' (no such file)/Applications/Netgen.app/Contents/MacOS/startup.sh: line 10: 13301 Abort trap: 6           $Netgen_MACOS/netgen Saving session......copying shared history......saving history...truncating history files......completed.Deleting expired sessions...none found. [Process completed] 
More
11 months 4 weeks ago #4766 by matthiash
Replied by matthiash on topic PIP installers available!
Hi!

You were using the .dmg bundle, right? This depends on a specific Python Version (3.8). So you could install Python3.8 to solve the problem.

But I advise you to use the pip installer instead, remove the bundle and then run:
python3 -m pip install ngsolve

Best,
Matthias
More
11 months 3 weeks ago #4771 by Farahq11
Thank you for your response!

I am not quite sure where I can find the pip installer. I see this comment few times but Im not sure where it is and if its a link to download directly?

Thank you so much for your help
More
11 months 3 weeks ago #4772 by matthiash
Replied by matthiash on topic PIP installers available!
As I wrote, just run
python3 -m pip install ngsolve
in the console.

Best,
Matthias
More
11 months 3 weeks ago - 11 months 3 weeks ago #4773 by Farahq11
Thank you for clarifying.

I entered this command in "terminal" window and this is the screen I got (I tried this twice just to doublecheck). see below:

But then when i open Netgen, this is the warnings I get. see images attached. Its the same message box.  (all of this opens in "terminal" app immediately.
Let me know what else I can do

Last edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by Farahq11.
More
11 months 3 weeks ago #4774 by Farahq11
Hi,

I am sorry for asking again. but when i removed the Netgen bundle and ran the command in "terminal" app on MacOS, it still show the popup screen as this:  I am not sure what else to remove besides the Netgen application. I am sorry for being so clueless. thank you for any help:Defaulting to user installation because normal site-packages is not writeableRequirement already satisfied: ngsolve in ./Library/Python/3.9/lib/python/site-packages (6.2.2302)Requirement already satisfied: netgen-mesher==6.2.2302 in ./Library/Python/3.9/lib/python/site-packages (from ngsolve) (6.2.2302) [Process completed]
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds