Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

webgui

More
3 years 9 months ago #2847 by matthiash
Replied by matthiash on topic webgui
Hi Guosheng,

Q1: That's a good point. The Draw() function handles some arguments already (like min, max draw_surf, draw_vol). We still need to think about an interface to expose other settings (like camera, clipping plane etc.)

Q2: That's already work in progress and will be merged within the next days.

Best,
Matthias
More
3 years 9 months ago #2853 by Guosheng Fu
Replied by Guosheng Fu on topic webgui
Hi Matthias,

Cool!
Another feature I would like to have is the ability to adjust bounding box size of the gui, like in matplotlib, we can do
Code:
plt.rcParams['figure.figsize'] = (10.0, 8.0) # set default size of plots
The current default size might not be optimal. e.g. the example below on a slightly stretched domain, it has quit large empty white spaces:
[
Best,
Guosheng
Attachments:
More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #2915 by ddrake
Replied by ddrake on topic webgui
This is great! I just tested it in Mac OS (High Sierra) and Ubuntu 20.04. I will try to test soon in Windows...

Best,
Dow

ps. I assume this is based heavily on the new ngsgui -- will it be able to support ngsgui plugins like the 'tents_visualization' ?
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by ddrake.
More
3 years 6 months ago #3131 by Manuel Sanchez
Replied by Manuel Sanchez on topic webgui
Hi,

I think it is great!

One thing I couldn't figure out is if the webgui can be updated by the command ReDraw to generate a short animation as in the wave DG tutorial. Is this possible?
More
3 years 6 months ago #3132 by joachim
Replied by joachim on topic webgui
Hi,

see the Navier-Stokes tutorial:

ngsolve.org/docu/latest/i-tutorials/wta/navierstokes.html

Code:
scene = Draw(gfu...) ... scene.Redraw()
More
3 years 6 months ago #3133 by Manuel Sanchez
Replied by Manuel Sanchez on topic webgui
Thanks. it works great.