Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

webgui

More
3 years 10 months ago #2837 by joachim
webgui was created by joachim
Hello NGSolve-Community,

we can now visualize meshes and solutions within jupyter notebooks !

Have a look at
ngsolve.org/docu/nightly/i-tutorials/wta/poisson.html
and the other whetting-the-appetite examples.

webgui is available in the NGSolve 20.05 release, and there are frequent updates and fixes in the nightly versions.

The main activists have been Matthias and Amanda, many thanks to them !

webgui already supports visualization of higher order scalar and vectorial fields, clipping planes, and animation of time-dependent and complex valued solutions.

With webgui you can run the IPython kernel on a server, and visualize locally within your jupyter session. It is also the basis for interactive computing in a cloud. With nbconvert you can generate html pages including interactive views for tutorials and presentation of your results.

webgui is based on webgl, threejs, and jupyter notebook extension.

Try it and enjoy it,
Joachim
The following user(s) said Thank You: ddrake, dong, Manuel Sanchez
More
3 years 10 months ago #2838 by Guosheng Fu
Replied by Guosheng Fu on topic webgui
Hi Joachim,

Can you be more specific on the prerequisites for getting webgui?

I updated ngsolve to version 2005, but the gui didn't pop up. I get the following string instead:
Code:
NGSWebGuiWidget(value={'ngsolve_version': '6.2.2005-14-g40518403', 'mesh_dim': 2, 'order2d': 1, 'order3d': 1, …

You mentioned "webgui is based on webgl, threejs, and jupyter notebook extension."
I have threejs install via pip, but how to get webgl?

Best,
Guosheng
More
3 years 10 months ago #2840 by dong
Replied by dong on topic webgui
Thank you for the great news.
More
3 years 10 months ago #2841 by joachim
Replied by joachim on topic webgui
you have to install the notebook extension like that:
Code:
pip3 install ipywidgets jupyter nbextension install --py widgetsnbextension jupyter nbextension enable --py widgetsnbextension jupyter nbextension install --user --py ngsolve jupyter nbextension enable --user --py ngsolve
Just started the upload of the updated documentation.

Joachim
More
3 years 10 months ago #2842 by Guosheng Fu
Works like a charm!
Thanks for this great adds-on. :)
More
3 years 10 months ago #2843 by Guosheng Fu
Hello again,

Webgui is amazing. But I encounter a couple of questions:

Q1: How to modify default parameters in webgui? For netgen gui we have all the options in ngsolve.internal import visoptions, viewoptions to play with...

Q2: can you fix a bug for quads mesh? currently, the quad mesh only present a triangle instead of square for the element...

Best,
Guosheng
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds