Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

BilinearForm incorrect?

More
4 years 5 months ago #2024 by JanWesterdiep
Hey Matthias,

Yes I am following this guide. The problem is (for both machines) at step ngsolve.org/docu/latest/install/installmacnative.html#building

Some of the output I am getting is collected in this gist: gist.github.com/Jannertje/ac7540742c23eebc2961eca566ef95b0
[please read `shell_output` first, and the rest afterwards.]

I tried running `make` with both Tcl and Tcl/Tk installed and uninstalled. Do you have any idea?
More
4 years 5 months ago #2025 by matthiash
Replied by matthiash on topic BilinearForm incorrect?
Hi Jan,

A first guess: Did you remove the dmg bundle before starting the configuration?
More
4 years 5 months ago #2026 by JanWesterdiep
Ha good catch! I certainly did not.

This got me a little further, it is now crashing at `project_tk` rather than `project_tcl`: gist.github.com/Jannertje/b0e9b5e4be0cb52f0166f7f3ddd51918
when I `brew uninstall tcl-tk` and rerun, I get a different error -- see `WITH_TK*` and `WITHOUT_TK*` in the gist linked above.
More
4 years 5 months ago #2027 by matthiash
Replied by matthiash on topic BilinearForm incorrect?
That's interesting, NGSolve should build and link it's own version of Tcl/Tk, so brew is not necessary at all.
Try to wipe /Applications/Netgen.app and your build directory completely and run cmake from scratch.
More
4 years 5 months ago #2030 by JanWesterdiep
Hey Matthias,

Thanks a lot -- I got it working by updating my clang to 10.0 for c++17 (required by -i think- pybind11). I now have my own build from source :-)!!
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds