Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Slip boundary conditions

More
4 years 5 months ago #1988 by christopher
Hm I guess then your best option is to create a map of element number to dofs and in each timestep clear the freedofs and then use the map to set the marked dofs. This is most likely faster than iterating over all elements.
Best
Christopher
More
4 years 5 months ago #1989 by hvwahl
Replied by hvwahl on topic Slip boundary conditions
Thank you for your advice! I think I can do it even more simply: Before the time loop, I create list of the dofs which need to be set on the slip boundary, and in each time step I loop just over this list and set the respective dofs.

Best wishes, Henry
More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #2323 by hvwahl
Replied by hvwahl on topic Slip boundary conditions
As I have not seen this in the online documentation yet, for reference to anyone who might also need this: I have seen that the VectorH1 space now takes the arguments dirichletx, dirichlety and dirichletz to set separate Dirichlet BCs on the components of the space.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by hvwahl.
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds