Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

installing on centos 8

More
4 years 6 months ago #1957 by tjleps
I'm trying to compile NGSolve on centos 8, I've followed the directions for compiling from source, however I get an error running $ make:

[ 53%] Performing build step for 'netgen_project'
make[3]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/netgen_project.dir/build.make:111: dependencies/Stamp/netgen_project/netgen_project-build] Error 2
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:174: CMakeFiles/netgen_project.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:152: all] Error 2

Does anyone have any idea what may be going wrong?
More
4 years 6 months ago #1961 by matthiash
Replied by matthiash on topic installing on centos 8
Hi,

I guess that there are missing dependencies, could you post the complete output of the configure command?

Best,
Matthias
More
4 years 6 months ago #1968 by tjleps
Replied by tjleps on topic installing on centos 8
Sorry I'm a bit new to using cmake, which output are you wanting specifically, I want to avoid spamming ya'll with a wall of text? You were right about dependencies, I've managed to get beyond this error by checking dependencies and installing a couple that were missing, however I'm now stuck on a new error:
CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
X11_Xmu_LIB (ADVANCED)
linked by target "gui" in directory /home/dustiest/ngsolve/ngsolve-src/external_dependencies/netgen/ng
linked by target "netgen" in directory /home/dustiest/ngsolve/ngsolve-src/external_dependencies/netgen/ng
linked by target "nglib" in directory /home/dustiest/ngsolve/ngsolve-src/external_dependencies/netgen/nglib

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/dustiest/ngsolve/ngsolve-build/netgen/netgen/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/home/dustiest/ngsolve/ngsolve-build/netgen/netgen/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".
make[5]: *** [CMakeFiles/netgen.dir/build.make:109: dependencies/src/netgen-stamp/netgen-configure] Error 1
make[4]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:100: CMakeFiles/netgen.dir/all] Error 2
make[3]: *** [Makefile:130: all] Error 2
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/netgen_project.dir/build.make:111: dependencies/Stamp/netgen_project/netgen_project-build] Error 2
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:174: CMakeFiles/netgen_project.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:152: all] Error 2
More
4 years 6 months ago #1969 by matthiash
Replied by matthiash on topic installing on centos 8
You can attach files to avoid walls of text :)

You are still missing one dependenc: libXmu

In case you still have problems, check out the build instructions . Although they are written for Ubuntu, it shouldn't be a problem to figure out the corresponding package names for CentOS.

Best,
Matthias
More
4 years 6 months ago #1973 by tjleps
Replied by tjleps on topic installing on centos 8
Oops, thanks for your help, somehow I inadvertently didn't use the libXmu-devel package. Thanks for your help.
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds