Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Multigrid Preconditioner Crashes

More
4 years 6 months ago #1952 by dfoiles
Hello,

I am using adaptive refinement with the multigrid preconditioner and I have found that after each iteration, the program will stop without giving any indication of an error. I save the mesh after each iteration, so I can rerun the program and improve the mesh manually one iteration at a time, but I would like to know how to fix this issue. When running the program, I can see that the bilinear and linear forms are being assembled, but the program crashes when it gets to building the preconditioner. I have not had this problem with any other preconditioners. If could you help me figure this out, I would be appreciative.

Thanks
More
4 years 6 months ago #1955 by christopher
Hi,
can you send a minimal example reproducing that behaviour? In the example from the itutorials the multigrid preconditioner is working.
ngsolve.org/docu/latest/i-tutorials/unit...vity/adaptivity.html
Best
Christopher
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #1960 by dfoiles
I have attached an example. I find that it will successfully complete one iteration, but will unexpectedly stop as soon as assembly is completed during the second iteration.

Thanks

File Attachment:

File Name: LSPR_minim...10-15.py
File Size:4 KB
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by dfoiles.
More
4 years 6 months ago #1971 by christopher
I see, thanks for reporting this, there seems to be some needed functionality for complex geometric multigrid missing for the HCurl space. We will investigate this. For the time being you could use the bddcc preconditioner, it needs more iterations but every iteration is faster, so for me it's about the same speed as the multigrid.
I'll let you know when the multigrid is fixed.
Best
Christopher
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds