Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

New installation of Netgen/NGSolve on macOS (10.12.6)

More
4 years 6 months ago #1941 by Elsakori
Hello,

Today i had to setup new installation of Netgen/NGSolve on macOS (10.12.6). When I try to open Netgen, it doesn't open or it is logged out directly ( I am not sure).

Attached is a terminal snapshot.

Thank you in advance!
More
4 years 6 months ago #1942 by matthiash
Hello,

I expected our dmg bundle to work on MacOS 10.12, but have no machine with this version at hand. I will check the build procedure to see if we are missing a compatibility flag when building the installer. I will let you know when a new nightly build with different settings is online.

Alternatively, you can build you own version from source following the instructions here: ngsolve.org/docu/latest/install/installmacnative.html

Best,
Matthias
More
4 years 6 months ago #1946 by matthiash
More
4 years 6 months ago #1947 by Elsakori
Hello Matthias,

Thank you for your response.
The latest nightly build still doesn't work. Actually any release from September 3 and older works fine, but the latest ones (September 4 and later) do not work.

Attached is a terminal snapshot for the installation of the latest nightly build.

Best,

Ahmed
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds