Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

xfem module cutmg

More
4 years 7 months ago #1877 by Kathy
xfem module cutmg was created by Kathy
Dear Developers of NGSolve,

I came across a new multigrid solver for scalar unfitted interface problems just uploaded on the updated version of ngsxfem library in github and I tried to run the corresponding jupyter file cutmg.ipynb. Unfortunately, I received an error "No module named xfem.cutmg". I updated ngsxfem library and ngsolve but I still have the same error. What should I do to fix this error?

I would like to thank you in advance!
Katerina
More
4 years 7 months ago #1878 by schruste
Replied by schruste on topic xfem module cutmg
Dear Kathy,

There were indeed some troubles with the version on github. We updated it just now. Please try the most recent release (v1.1-1908) again (which requires NGSolve v6.2.1908).

Best,
Christoph
More
4 years 6 months ago #1884 by Kathy
Replied by Kathy on topic xfem module cutmg
Dear Christoph,
I would like to thank you for your immediate response to my inquiry! Unfortunately, I still encounter some problems when trying to update ngsxfem. Specifically I receive the following messages:

LIBS/ngsxfem/spacetime/SpaceTimeFESpace.cpp:84:23: error: no matching function for call to ‘ngcomp::SpaceTimeFESpace::Update(ngcore::LocalHeap&)’
FESpace::Update(lh);
^
/usr/include/netgen/fespace.hpp:233:18: note: candidate: virtual void ngcomp::FESpace::Update()
virtual void Update();
^~~~~~
/usr/include/netgen/fespace.hpp:233:18: note: candidate expects 0 arguments, 1 provided
LIBS/ngsxfem/spacetime/SpaceTimeFESpace.cpp:85:18: error: no matching function for call to ‘ngcomp::FESpace::Update(ngcore::LocalHeap&)’
Vh->Update(lh);
^
/usr/include/netgen/fespace.hpp:233:18: note: candidate: virtual void ngcomp::FESpace::Update()
virtual void Update();
^~~~~~
/usr/include/netgen/fespace.hpp:233:18: note: candidate expects 0 arguments, 1 provided
spacetime/CMakeFiles/ngsxfem_spacetime.dir/build.make:86: recipe for target 'spacetime/CMakeFiles/ngsxfem_spacetime.dir/SpaceTimeFESpace.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [spacetime/CMakeFiles/ngsxfem_spacetime.dir/SpaceTimeFESpace.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1541: recipe for target 'spacetime/CMakeFiles/ngsxfem_spacetime.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [spacetime/CMakeFiles/ngsxfem_spacetime.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:162: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Can you help me on what is the error about?

Sorry for the long message and thank you in advance for your time!

Kind regards,
Katerina
More
4 years 6 months ago #1886 by Kathy
Replied by Kathy on topic xfem module cutmg
Dear Christoph,

Problem solved!!! Please ignore my previous message! Thank you very much for your effort to update ngsolve and ngsxfem!

Kind regards,
Katerina
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds