Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Precommands needed for getting better pictures/

More
4 years 6 months ago #1859 by mischl
Hey, google didn't help me
I wanted to ask the following questions to improve my pictures

a) what command hides the grid-triangles automatically? When creating a look with multiple runs it's exhausting to do it by hand
b) Are there any options for the horizontal bar on top?
like being vertical, having less but larger numbers (it's pretty small with height of 5cm in a file)
c) I sometimes have that lag in exporting pictures, because the program is faster then creating+exporting the picture, I was told I should do a break before exporting it. Is there any explanation/link around how to best do it?

Thanks alot in advance and as always: great project!
More
4 years 6 months ago #1860 by hvwahl
Hi,

personally, I would do a VTK output ( NGSolve Examples ) and then do everything in paraview.

Best wishes,
Henry
The following user(s) said Thank You: mischl
More
4 years 6 months ago #1861 by matthiash
Hi,

There visual options are exposed in the ngsolve.internal module. Most options can be changed by members of 'viewoptions' and 'visoptions', which provide write-only access to the according Tcl-Variables in the GUI.
Code:
import ngsolve.internal as ngsint ngsint.viewoptions.drawoutline=0 # triangle outline ngsint.SnapShot('image.bmp')

The color bar cannot be changed directly in appearance. Concerning the pictures: Are you using the SnapShot function like above? It should automatically block further execution until the image is exported.

Best,
Matthias
The following user(s) said Thank You: mischl
More
4 years 6 months ago #1900 by mischl
Hey, will look into that when I find the time, thanks!
More
4 years 6 months ago #1901 by mischl
Thanks, is there an overview somewhere hidden for all the possibilities?

And yes, I use ngsolve.internal.SnapShot(...) and no, it doesn't block for me and neither for a colleague, very often, the first picture is repeated in the Exports
More
4 years 6 months ago #1915 by matthiash
You can check the members of the variables viewoptions and visoptions in ngsolve.internal:
Code:
>>> import ngsolve.internal importing NGSolve-6.2.1908-6-gf77e4e6b >>> dir(ngsolve.internal.viewoptions) ['_attributes', '_name', '_update_cmd', 'centerpoint', 'centerx', 'centery', 'centerz', 'clipping', 'colormeshsize', 'drawbadels', 'drawcolorbar', 'drawcoordinatecross', 'drawcurveproj', 'drawcurveprojedge', 'drawdomainsurf', 'drawededgenrs', 'drawededges', 'drawedgenumbers', 'drawedges', 'drawedpointnrs', 'drawedpoints', 'drawedtangents', 'drawelement', 'drawelementnumbers', 'drawfacenumbers', 'drawfilledtrigs', 'drawhexes', 'drawidentified', 'drawmetispartition', 'drawnetgenlogo', 'drawoutline', 'drawpointnumbers', 'drawprisms', 'drawpyramids', 'drawspecpoint', 'drawtets', 'drawtetsdomain', 'light', 'mat', 'shrink', 'specpointvlen', 'specpointx', 'specpointy', 'specpointz', 'stereo', 'usecentercoords', 'whitebackground'] >>> dir(ngsolve.internal.visoptions) ['_attributes', '_name', '_update_cmd', 'autoredraw', 'autoredrawtime', 'autoscale', 'clipsolution', 'deformation', 'drawfieldlines', 'drawpointcurves', 'evaluate', 'evaluatefiledescriptions', 'evaluatefilenames', 'fieldlinesfilename', 'fieldlineslength', 'fieldlinesmaxpoints', 'fieldlinesonlyonephase', 'fieldlinesphase', 'fieldlinesrandomstart', 'fieldlinesrktype', 'fieldlinesstartarea', 'fieldlinesstartareap1x', 'fieldlinesstartareap1y', 'fieldlinesstartareap1z', 'fieldlinesstartareap2x', 'fieldlinesstartareap2y', 'fieldlinesstartareap2z', 'fieldlinesstartface', 'fieldlinesthickness', 'fieldlinestolerance', 'fieldlinesvecfunction', 'gridsize', 'imaginary', 'invcolor', 'isolines', 'isosurf', 'lineartexture', 'lineplotautoscale', 'lineplotcolor', 'lineplotcurrentnum', 'lineplotdatadescr', 'lineplotfile', 'lineplotinfos', 'lineplotselected', 'lineplotselectedeval', 'lineplotselector', 'lineplotsizex', 'lineplotsizey', 'lineplotsource', 'lineplotusingx', 'lineplotusingy', 'lineplotxcoordselector', 'lineplotxmax', 'lineplotxmin', 'lineplotycoordselector', 'lineplotymax', 'lineplotymin', 'logscale', 'mmaxval', 'mminval', 'multidimcomponent', 'numfieldlines', 'numiso', 'numtexturecols', 'redrawperiodic', 'scaledeform1', 'scaledeform2', 'scalfunction', 'showclipsolution', 'showsurfacesolution', 'simulationtime', 'subdivisions', 'usetexture', 'vecfunction', 'xoffset', 'yoffset']

Note that, due to asynchronous evaluation, there is only write and no read access to these values.
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds