Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Saving netgen output

More
4 years 11 months ago #1596 by bakerk
Saving netgen output was created by bakerk
Hi!

Is it possible to save the video of the solution that is outputted in netgen? or tell netgen to screenshot the solution at each step?

I have a code similar to to the one given here(in terms of the output given) : ngsolve.org/docu/latest/i-tutorials/unit...bolic/parabolic.html

I see in this itutorial that I can save VTK files at each step, but am not sure how to use these correctly.

Thanks,
Katie
More
4 years 11 months ago #1598 by bakerk
Replied by bakerk on topic Saving netgen output
Ive now seen this: ngsolve.org/forum/ngspy-forum/40-netgen-...shot-from-python#253

and the solution in here is saving snapshots, but saves them a ppm files regardless of me giving it the required file type :
ngsolve.internal.SnapShot("test.png")
More
4 years 11 months ago #1599 by christopher
Replied by christopher on topic Saving netgen output
Hi,
for snapshots only ppm and jpg are supported. For more advanced visualization the vtk files can be read by for example paraview and videos can be created there.
Best
Christopher
More
4 years 11 months ago #1600 by bakerk
Hi,

thanks for the reply! Ive just tried doing ngsolve.internal.SnapShot("test.jpg") instead but it still saves a ppm file (test.jpg.ppm)

Many thanks
Katie
More
4 years 11 months ago #1601 by christopher
Replied by christopher on topic Saving netgen output
Ah sorry I just saw, the installers are built without jpeg support... If you build from source you can enable it with the cmake argument -DUSE_JPEG=ON.
Best Christopher
More
4 years 11 months ago #1602 by bakerk
Im using windows and am a bit of a novice when it comes to programming, so how do i do this?

Thanks
Katie
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds