Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

neural convert to OpenFoam Error

More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #1515 by Wei Ong
Dear Sir/Madam,

Hi, I am currently trying to experiment with Netgen. I have managed to generate the mesh on the carotid artery and export it into neural format. I am thinking to convert it to FOAM, so I use the command netgenNeutralToFoa, however, everytime I try this command, it always showed me the error below. is there anyway I can fix it in Netgen?

--> FOAM FATAL ERROR:
face 0 in patch 1 does not have neighbour cell face: 3(7298 7432 7044)

From function Foam::labelList Foam::polyMesh::facePatchFaceCells(const faceList&, const labelListList&, const faceListList&, Foam::label) const
in file meshes/polyMesh/polyMeshFromShapeMesh.C at line 118.

FOAM aborting

#0 Foam::error::printStack(Foam::Ostream&) at ??:?
#1 Foam::error::abort() at ??:?
#2 Foam::polyMesh::facePatchFaceCells(Foam::List<Foam::face> const&, Foam::List<Foam::List<int> > const&, Foam::List<Foam::List<Foam::face> > const&, int) const at ??:?
#3 Foam::polyMesh::setTopology(Foam::List<Foam::cellShape> const&, Foam::List<Foam::List<Foam::face> > const&, Foam::List<Foam::word> const&, Foam::List<int>&, Foam::List<int>&, int&, int&, Foam::List<Foam::cell>&) at ??:?
#4 Foam::polyMesh::polyMesh(Foam::IOobject const&, Foam::Xfer<Foam::Field<Foam::Vector<double> > > const&, Foam::List<Foam::cellShape> const&, Foam::List<Foam::List<Foam::face> > const&, Foam::List<Foam::word> const&, Foam::List<Foam::word> const&, Foam::word const&, Foam::word const&, Foam::List<Foam::word> const&, bool) at ??:?
#5 ? at ??:?
#6 __libc_start_main in "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6"
#7 ? at ??:?
Aborted (core dumped)
sethu@sethu-VM:~/OpenFOAM/sethu-5.0/run/Netgen$
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by Wei Ong.
More
5 years 2 weeks ago #1536 by christopher
Sorry this is not a function of netgen, but of openFOAM. Maybe the community there can help. If the netgen mesh is corrupt, maybe you create a small test case where Netgen creates such corrupt meshes?
Best
Christopher
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wei Ong
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds