Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

more MPI tutorials?

More
5 years 1 month ago #1494 by Guosheng Fu
Hello,

I would like to learn more about ngsolve+MPI. My first goal is to do explicit DG solver for flow problems using MPI. There are a couple of mpi demos available in the py_tutorials/ directory. But that seems all I can find online...
Do you have other test cases available? Or can you point me the right direction to learn more about mpi coding with NGSolve?

Best regards,
Guosheng
More
5 years 1 month ago #1496 by christopher
Replied by christopher on topic more MPI tutorials?
Hi,
In the i-Tutorials there is a new section since the last Usermeeting about MPI programming, have you seen that?
ngsolve.org/docu/latest/i-tutorials/inde...#mpi-parallelization
More
5 years 1 month ago #1498 by Guosheng Fu
Replied by Guosheng Fu on topic more MPI tutorials?
i saw that tutorial, it focused more on the solver part. but i would like to see know how to convert an existing serial code to a parallel one. shall i learn basics about mpi4py?
More
5 years 1 month ago #1499 by christopher
Replied by christopher on topic more MPI tutorials?
Usually it is not necessary. The python code should be (almost) the same for setting up the problem. For the solver part you need to use something that works mpi parallel.
We have started the work on an interface to the petsc solver library which is mpi parallel as well, so you can assemble your problem in mpi parallel NGSolve and use the petsc parallel solvers as well. You can check it out here:
github.com/NGSolve/ngs-petsc
But note that this is in a very early state yet.

Best Christopher
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds