Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

First steps with NGS-Py

More
5 years 1 month ago #1444 by Guerzoni
Hi,
I am making my first steps with Netgen/NGSolve, I would like to use the python functions to create a 2D geometry. I have installed Python, Netgen and jupyter. I wanted to try the tutorial at this link:
ngsolve.org/docu/nightly/netgen_tutorial...e_2d_geometries.html
but I couldn't understand where to insert the tutorial instructions. I mean what software do I need to open to insert these instructions and generate the geometry file???
If you can explain me clearly what I need to do to generate a geometry file following that tutorial I would be very grateful to you.
Thank you

Ivan
More
5 years 1 month ago #1445 by christopher
Replied by christopher on topic First steps with NGS-Py
You could use the itutorials using jupyter notebook. You can download them from here ngsolve.org/docu/nightly/i-tutorials.zip .
There is an example for 2d geometry generation there as well.
Best
Christopher
More
5 years 1 month ago #1446 by Guerzoni
Replied by Guerzoni on topic First steps with NGS-Py
Ok, but where do I need to paste these instructions? In which software?
For you maybe it's a very stupid question, but I cannot understand this.
If I use jupyter I could only open an example similar to the one I linked above.
Best Regards

Ivan
More
5 years 1 month ago #1447 by christopher
Replied by christopher on topic First steps with NGS-Py
You can open/edit the files in a jupyter notebook in your browser, for more information see jupyter.org/
More
5 years 1 month ago #1449 by Guerzoni
Replied by Guerzoni on topic First steps with NGS-Py
Ok, once I have edited the files in jupyter how can I create the geometry in Netgen/NGSolve?
Thank you for your help

Ivan
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds