Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Build problems on Linux

More
5 years 2 months ago #1405 by hvwahl
Hi,

I am currently experiencing problems building NGSolve (on Ubuntu) from the sources from GitHub. I have tested checking out on several commits and, from the one that I have tested, from the 14.1.19 onwards, I always get the following fail :

File Attachment:

File Name: TerminalOutput.txt
File Size:78 KB

Building with the last commit from 13.1.19 (514b93c) works, however when I run a python script, SetNumThreads is not respected (e.g., set to 12 and during AssembleLinearization up to 55 (of available 88) threads where used).

To build, I have used following make flags
Code:
cmake \ -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RELEASE \ -DMKL_ROOT=/opt/intel/mkl \ -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=${BASE}/Applications/NGSolveNew/inst \ -DUSE_GUI=OFF \ -DUSE_UMFPACK=ON \ -DUSE_MKL=ON \ -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=g++ \ -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=gcc \ ../src-ngs/

Is there anything I can do differently to fix these issues?

Best wishes,
Henry
More
5 years 2 months ago #1406 by christopher
Replied by christopher on topic Build problems on Linux
Hi Henry,
the problem is that NGSolve finds an old netgen installation in:
Found Netgen: /home/wahl/Applications/NGSolve/inst/lib/cmake/netgen
But you install in a new dir:
/home/wahl/Applications/NGSolveNew/Applications/NGSolveNew/inst/
Make sure that you set your NETGENDIR env variable to the new install dir.

Best Christopher
More
5 years 2 months ago #1407 by hvwahl
Replied by hvwahl on topic Build problems on Linux
Hi Christopher,

thank you for your help! The installation has now gone through with a hitch on the latest commit.

AssembleLinearisation() now also seems to respect SetNumThreads(). Unfortunately, calling pardiso still uses significantly more threads than given by SetNumThreads().

Best wishes,
Henry
More
5 years 2 months ago #1408 by schruste
Replied by schruste on topic Build problems on Linux
Hi Henry,

I think you can control the number of threads that pardiso uses through the environment variable MKL_NUM_THREADS on Linux.

Best,
Christoph
More
5 years 2 months ago #1409 by hvwahl
Replied by hvwahl on topic Build problems on Linux
Hi Christoph,

Thank you! That has done the trick :)

Best wishes,
Henry
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds