Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Compiling on mac with MPI and GUI

More
5 years 2 months ago #1374 by armandyam
Hello,

I had a few errors when compiling the latest version from sources on a Mac(currently I am running Mojave 10.14.2) with MPI and GUI enabled. I managed to compile the serial code and also the parallel one without GUI. I am getting the errors in the file
ngsolve-src/external_dependencies/netgen/libsrc/visualization/mvdraw.cpp

Some features are either deprecated or somehow different. I am also attaching an image with all the generated 7 errors.

Some help on this would be great!

Thanks in advance!
Attachments:
More
5 years 2 months ago #1393 by joachim
MPI + GUI is not supposed to work.

The combination worked in the past, but never at a large scale. It used parallel OpenGL display list features, which are not supported anymore.

You can save a GridFunction living on the distributed mesh, and load it into a sequential run for visualization. Streaming via pickling should work in near future.

Joachim
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds