Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

iterative solution of non-linear NS equations

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #1335 by noname
Hello everyone,

I am trying to solve incompressible NS equations iteratively using NGSolve. I am ignoring the incompressibility condition (using a splitting method). Hence, what I am trying to solve has a non-linear convection term on the l.h.s and a known pressure value on the r.h.s and I am solving for velocity, iteratively.

I have taken a look at the documentation the section regarding the non-linear equations and solving them using Newton's method. I put the pressure term on the l.h.s of the equation and got Ax=0 type equation and followed Newton's method as explained. But I am not converging and I do not know why..

Anyone has experience with this?

Thanks

Here I write the equations in the way that I want to solve them. (\nu=viscosity)

u^{t+1}-u^{t}/deltat - \nu*1/2*(\laplacian u^{t+1}) + 1/2*(\grad u{t+1} * u^{t}) = - \grad p^{t}+ \nu*1/2*(\laplacian u^{t}) - 1/2*(\grad u{t} * u^{t})
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by noname.
More
5 years 4 months ago #1338 by christopher
Hi,
Can you attach your code?
Best
Christopher
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds