Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Building from source on MacOS

More
5 years 4 months ago #1329 by armandyam
Hello,

File Attachment:

File Name: project_tk...-err.txt
File Size:1 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: project_tk...-out.txt
File Size:0 KB

I am trying to build the latest Netgen/NGSolve from source on MacOS and following the instruction of the website I get an error when its downloading "project_tkdnd"(I have attached the error log and also a screenshot of the terminal).

I know that using the DMG to install works fine on this system and also Ive managed to compile from source on a different linux machine. So, I am not able to see an immediate problem with the installation.

Please let me know where I am going wrong with the installation.

That being said, the reason I current build from source instead of using the DMG is because I need a few more grid function templates instead of the default ones.

Best regards

Ajay
More
5 years 4 months ago #1344 by matthiash
There seems to be a problem with downloading tkdnd sources. The reason could be anything like a server issue on sourceforge.
Please try again, if it still doesn't work, download the sources manually:
sourceforge.net/projects/tkdnd/files/TkD.../tkdnd2.8-src.tar.gz
And put it in
Code:
/Users/armandyam/opt/netgen-6/ngsolve-src/external_dependencies/netgen/external_dependencies/tkdnd2.8-src.tar.gz
More
5 years 4 months ago #1347 by armandyam
Thank you for your reply!

I expected it to be a server error but I could physically download the files myself from the link. So, I was a little surprised.

Anyway, this error got sorted but something else cropped up. I will post another question if I am not able to solve it.

Thanks again!
More
5 years 4 months ago #1355 by armandyam
Hey,

Ok, I think I resolved my second problem. I suppose the first issue I posted was a stray incident and ,as you suggested, it was possibly something to do with the server.

Anyway, I encountered another issue while compiling the code(image of error attached) and it was to do with using the CXX_STANDARD. It is set to 17 by default and setting this to 14 resolved all the problems and it compiled("ngsolve-src/CMakeList.txt" line 47).

I am currently using macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6. This comes with clang-1000.11.45.5.

Thanks for your help!
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds