Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Build with PARDISO

More
5 years 5 months ago #1250 by hvwahl
Build with PARDISO was created by hvwahl
Hi,

currently, I am trying o build NGSolve with PARDISO.

I have added the location of the downloaded library file from the Pardiso website to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in my .bashrc file and have set the CMake flag DUSE_PARDISO=ON. However on "make" I get the Error "Could NOT find Pardiso".

What else do I have to do, in order for NGSolve to recognize Pardiso?

Best wishes,
Henry
More
5 years 5 months ago #1251 by schruste
Replied by schruste on topic Build with PARDISO
Hi Henry,

There are two version of pardiso. The one from the pardiso homepage with a 3-month license or the pardiso that is shipped with the intel MKL. Typically we recommend using the MKL pardiso (the MKL itself isn't bad either). I am not sure if the other pardiso has been tested with ngsolve recently (Last time that I used it is approx. 9 years ago). My recommendation: Get Intel MKL (there are free versions for academic use), install it and set the ngsolve-cmake-options to point to the mkl-dependencies.

Best,
Christoph
More
5 years 5 months ago #1253 by hvwahl
Replied by hvwahl on topic Build with PARDISO
Hi Christoph,

unfortunately I have a machine with an AMD Ryzen 5 2400G processor running openSUSE Tumbleweed which is not supported by MKL. This is why I Tried to go via the pardiso homepage version.

Best wishes,
Henry
More
5 years 5 months ago #1254 by schruste
Replied by schruste on topic Build with PARDISO
Hi Henry,

What do you mean by "not supported"? Have you tried it or you are just missing your distro on the list of supported distros?

Best,
Christoph
More
5 years 5 months ago #1255 by hvwahl
Hi Christoph,

the installer from the intel website gives me a warning, that my OS is not supported. I will try and install it anyway and see what happens.

Best wishes,
Henry
More
5 years 5 months ago #1256 by hvwahl
Hi Christoph,

having ignored the pardiso installer warning, everything works fine now and NGSolve works with pardiso.

Thank you for your help!

Best wishes,
Henry
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds