Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

xfem in windows

More
5 years 6 months ago #1227 by Kathy
xfem in windows was created by Kathy
Hello!

I would like to ask you if I can run xfem module in netgen/ngsolve platform under windows operating system. I tried to do so and I received the message

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'xfem'

How can I resolve it?
Many thanks in advance!
More
5 years 6 months ago #1228 by schruste
Replied by schruste on topic xfem in windows
Dear Kathy,

Thank you for your interest in (ngs)xfem. ngsxfem is an add-on package on top of NGSolve that needs to be installed additionally. Sadly, we don't have a Windows user in the development team so that we don't have a Windows release at the moment. You would need to configure and compile ngsxfem on your own on windows or use a Linux subsystem to run ngsxfem (on the subsystem installation should be straight forward). Last time it has been compiled on Windows was in Vienna :), but that is some time ago.

Best,
Christoph
More
5 years 6 months ago #1236 by Kathy
Replied by Kathy on topic xfem in windows
Dear Christoph thank you for your immediate reply!!! I will do as suggested and compile ngsxfem under Linux operating system!

Kind regards,
Katerina.
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds