Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

ngsolve.comp.MeshNode

More
5 years 8 months ago #721 by asilalahi
Hi,

I tried to retrieve the vertices coordinate using netgen 6.2, following example from:https://ngsolve.org/docu/latest/i-tutorials/unit-1.8-meshtopology/meshtopology.html

but i get this message : AttributeError: 'ngsolve.comp.MeshNode' object has no attribute 'point'

Is this feature not available in netgen 6.2?

Best,
More
5 years 8 months ago #722 by asilalahi
Replied by asilalahi on topic ngsolve.comp.MeshNode
never mind, i have it resolved
thanks
More
5 years 8 months ago #723 by asilalahi
Replied by asilalahi on topic nodal fes dof question
I was able to get the coordinate of the vertices, but how do i get the nodal coordinates used in finite element spaces (fes). i could show the nodal in each element , such as :
fes = H1(mesh, order=3)
for el in fes.Elements(VOL):
print(el.dofs[5])

how to get the coordinates of el.dofs[5] ?

Thanks
More
5 years 8 months ago #724 by joachim
Replied by joachim on topic nodal fes dof question
Hi,
our dofs are associated with mesh nodes (vertices, edges, faces, cells), but not with geometric coordinates. Only vertex nodes have coordinates.
Typically we are using hierarchical (modal) basis functions.
Joachim
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #725 by asilalahi
Replied by asilalahi on topic nodal fes dof question
Hi,

Thansk for your reply. So, could you please help to further elaborate this hierarchical basis function assignment flow?
How to find what the el.ndofs (where i >=4) 's related vertices are. ( i know the first 4 are just the vertices of the tetrahedral cell (in 3D case) and the other 6 ndofs (e.g, case of order=2) are computed from the first 4). and also, are these (4+6) ndofs mapped in serially in GridFunction(fes) ?

Futhermore, suppose i have a solution (dimension Nsol), and i want to load/map it into fes, how do i do it correctly?

Best,
Alex
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by asilalahi.
More
5 years 8 months ago #731 by joachim
Replied by joachim on topic nodal fes dof question
Hi,

for the general concept of hierarchical high order finite elements have a look into literature such as Leszek Demkowicz "Computing with hp-Adaptive Finite Elemens", or the thesis of Sabine Zaglmayr:
www.numa.uni-linz.ac.at/Teaching/PhD/Finished/zaglmayr

to see a prototype implementation of high-order elements have a look into the C++ tutorials my-little-ngsolve:
github.com/NGSolve/mylittlengsolve/tree/...er/1_Basic/2_myHOFEM

The actual basis used in NGSolve does not belong to the documented user interface. It should not be relevant to the NGSolve-users. The basis may also change between versions.

Joachim
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds