Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Startup failure on MAC/OS Darwin due to Python 3.6.1?

More
5 years 9 months ago #640 by dlahaye
Greetings,

I talked to Joachim here in New York. He encouraged me to get in touch.

When trying to launch the software on MAC/OS Darwin, I get the following error message:

Domenicos-MacBook-Pro:~ ziolai$ /Applications/Netgen.app/Contents/MacOS/startup.sh
dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/Python
Referenced from: /Applications/Netgen.app/Contents/MacOS/netgen
Reason: image not found
/Applications/Netgen.app/Contents/MacOS/startup.sh: line 10: 6744 Abort trap: 6 $Netgen_MACOS/netgen

I am using python 3.6.1

Domenicos-MacBook-Pro:~ ziolai$ python
Python 3.6.1 |Anaconda 4.4.0 (x86_64)| (default, May 11 2017, 13:04:09)

Any thoughts? Sincere thanks, Domenico Lahaye.
More
5 years 8 months ago #699 by dlahaye
Any thoughts on the matter? Thanks, Domenico Lahaye.
More
5 years 8 months ago #701 by christopher
Hi Domenico,
I'm not a mac user, but I remember we had troubles with Anaconda Python in the past... Could you try disabling Anaconda and installing default Python? Note that although Python 3.7 is available already we still build the installers against 3.6, so you need to get 3.6.
Best
Christopher
More
5 years 8 months ago #702 by joachim
Hi Domenico,

we need Python from the Python-3.6 dmg as given in the installation instructions.

The NGSolve - installer does not work with anaconda yet - Matthias, any comment's on that ? .

Joachim
More
5 years 8 months ago #705 by dlahaye
Thank you for getting in touch!

Not sure how to disable Anaconda. I will await news.

Domenico
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds