Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Running Netgen from the command line in Windows

More
5 years 8 months ago #634 by sgomes
I checked and I only had one version of Python - the Anaconda one.
I uninstalled it from my computer and made sure no other python versions were installed, and then installed python from the link you sent me - and I still have the same error going on..

Best,
Susana
More
5 years 8 months ago #635 by matthiash
I'm running out of ideas here...

You could try updating the MS Visual C++ Runtime:
www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685
Make sure to select the x64 version.

Could you also make a screenshot of the missing libraries in the dependency walker again?

Best,
Matthias
More
5 years 8 months ago #636 by sgomes
This hasn't worked either.
I also tried the MS Visual C++ 2017 version just in case, and it also didn't help.

There are too many libraries missing to printscreen but I am attaching some examples:

API-MS-WIN-...

or

EXT-MS-...

The only ones not of this form are:
DEVICELOCKHELPERS.DLL
EMCLIENT.DLL
IESHIMS.DLL
and the message is the same.

There are also some warnings:

Is it worth saving this as a .dwi file and sending it to you?

Thanks for this,
Susana
More
5 years 8 months ago #637 by matthiash
Yes, please send me the file to matthias.hochsteger@tuwien.ac.at .
Indeed I see other possible issues on the last screenshot: Opencascade libraries are not loaded from the Netgen install dir but from a Matlab installation. Possibly that's the cause of your problems. You could try removing "C:\Program Files\matlab\r2017a\bin\win64" from PATH (either user- or system-wide) and see if that helps.
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds