Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

coarse mesh from step

More
5 years 9 months ago #588 by matt77
coarse mesh from step was created by matt77
Hello,

I'm looking for a way to create coarse meshes from step files. I found this solution from Joachim: geo.GenerateMesh(maxh=1000, curvaturesafety=0.7) but in my case the parameter curvaturesafety changes nothing. I miss a minh parameter (Netgen GUI -> Mesh -> meshing options -> Mesh Size -> min mesh-size). In the GUI it produces perfect coarse meshes. Is there a way to do that in python or batchmode?

Many thanks, Matthias
More
5 years 9 months ago #610 by christopher
Replied by christopher on topic coarse mesh from step
What options do you change in the GUI to create the coarse mesh? Another parameter that changes the mesh size would be grading.
Best
Christopher
More
5 years 8 months ago #659 by matt77
Replied by matt77 on topic coarse mesh from step
Hello Christopher,

sorry for my late reply, I was on vacation. I played around with the netgen GUI, it seems to me that the min mesh-size parameter in Netgen GUI -> Mesh -> meshing options -> Mesh Size have the most impact to create coarse models. Increase this parameter to get coarser meshes, in my case I got very convincing results. Unfortunately this parameter is not available via python.

I hope this helps,
Matthias
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds