Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Boundary Conditions ur=0 uz=0 but not u_theta

More
1 year 23 hours ago #4762 by lrondo
hello,

I want to simulate a bar with a cylindrical hole in its middle, rotating around its z axis taking into account the centrifugal forces. The mathematical solution of the problem is not a problem for me. Now I have to impose boundary conditions for the displacement u. I want to fix ur=0 and uz=0 on my inner cylinder (cylindrical hole). I know that there are dirichletx,y,z conditions but I can't find a solution in cylindrical. 

Thanks a lot!
More
11 months 3 weeks ago #4796 by christopher
You can implement this using a penalty method for enforcing the dirichlet constraint in radial direction (uz = 0 you can enforce by dirichletz=bc)

Just add a term
Code:
# some high penalty value pen = 1e6 n = specialcf.normal(mesh.dim) a += pen * (u*n) * (v*n) * ds(cyl_boundary)

(if you want to do transient computations you would have to transform the normal with the displacement for further timesteps).
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds