Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Read msh-file with periodicity

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #4728 by mgobrial
Dear all,

in Gmsh I have created a mesh of a 90-degree rotating geometry, where 
the points at the top and the bottom are already identified as 
periodic. When I read the .msh-file in Netgen, the periodicity gets 
lost. Do you know how to handle this problem?
In this link the .msh file and my script for reading the mesh 
and checking if the periodicity on the top and bottom is satisfied, are provided.

cloud.tugraz.at/index.php/s/x6yCLWGoSRrJMDT

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Mario

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #4732 by christopher
Hm, afaik the gmsh reader in netgen ignores the periodicity data (if it is in the gmsh mesh). If you know how to read it, you could copy the read_gmsh.py file from netgen/python and add the functionality. What you would basically need to add point identificiations for all the identified points:
```
mesh.AddPointIdentification(pointindex1, pointindex2, idnr, netgen.meshing.IdentificationType.PERIODIC)
```
idnr is the identification number if you have multiple identified faces (for example top with bot and left with right), in each idnr a point can only be once.
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #4745 by mgobrial
Hi christopher,

thanks for your quick reply! I managed to add the periodic identification to the read_gmsh file and it worked.

Best,
Mario
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds