Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Implementation of Bogner Fox Schmit elements

• waolo
More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #4710 by waolo
Hi all! I'm quite new to NGSolve, but I would like to use it for a paper I'm working on -- it's just an excuse to learn it :).
I need to use $C^1$ elements, and the simplest that came to mind is BFS -- I say I need it because the formulation I'm trying to test requires $C^1$ elements (I have the evaluation of gradients over elements interfaces and Laplacian in the formulation).

I have no problem writing my own stuff in C++, but I would like to understand a bit better what I need to implement. From what I understood reading  here , I should implement implement:
- Elements Basis Functions, Gradients -- Since I need the laplacian as well, should I implement the Hessian of basis functions?
- Differential operators (Probably just the Laplacian)
- Finite elements themselves
Am I missing something? Also, I would like to understand if BFS can be constructed more easily by constructing Hermite element and then defining BFS as the tensor product of two Hermite elements.
Thank you in advance for the answers

Paolo
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by waolo.
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds