Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

LevelSet : Fast-marching and mesh deformation

More
1 year 1 month ago #4659 by Thomas GAUTHEY
Hello,

I'm trying to implement both mesh conforming and non-conforming Level-set methods in NGSolve.

Is there already a fast marching algorithm (or a convenient data-structure) in NGSolve I can use/access to compute the signed distance to compute an implicit boundary ?

I'm having trouble understanding the effect .SetDeformation/UnsetDeformation command on the mesh. Do the BilinearForm have to be redefined or just reassembled ?  Is the quality of the mesh is somewhat preserved by this command ?

Best,
Thomas
More
1 year 1 month ago #4670 by hvwahl
Hi Thomas,

Regarding the deformation question: The bilinear form has to be reassembled for the mesh deformation to take effect. Whether mesh retains its quality after the deformation depends on the quality/size of the deformation. The deformation computed for higher-order level set approximations is small, so in that case, the mesh quality is fine after the deformation.

I am not aware of a fast marching algorithm implemented in NGSolve/ngsxfem.

Best wishes,
Henry
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds