Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Mesh Refinement Routines

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #4638 by johannes_s
Hello.

i) Which refinement routine is used for local (adaptive) mesh refinements? I haven't found anything in the documentation.

ii) Is there a simple way to include an alternative routine like the one of Maubach in "Local Bisection Refinement for N-Simplicial Grids Generated by Reflection"?

iii) Are there already different refinement routines included?

Kind regards,
Johannes
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by johannes_s.
More
1 year 1 month ago #4645 by hvwahl
Replied by hvwahl on topic Mesh Refinement Routines
Hi Johannes,

regarding (i), the doc-string of the Mesh class states

|  Refine(...)
 |      Refine(self: ngsolve.comp.Mesh, mark_surface_elements: bool = False, onlyonce: bool = False) -> None
 |
 |      Local mesh refinement based on marked elements, uses element-bisection algorithm

regarding (iii) In the  Navier-Stokes workshop materials from the third NGSolve User Meeting, there is a script wich implements barycentric mesh refinement in python. This may be a good starting point to implement your own mesh refinement routine.

Best wishes
Henry
The following user(s) said Thank You: johannes_s
More
1 year 1 month ago #4648 by johannes_s
Replied by johannes_s on topic Mesh Refinement Routines
Hi, thanks for your answer. Is the bisection routine somewhere specified, that is, does the program use longest-edge bisection or the bisection routine of Maubach/Traxler?

Kind regards,
Johannes
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds