Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Subdividing quad-domainated meshes into pure quad-meshes with Catmull-Clark

More
5 years 10 months ago #569 by JFAcker
Hello,

I am new to this forum. I used NetGen mostly indirectly by using Salome, but I want to use it directly for a project of mine, where I need a quad mesh with certain properties along curved walls.

I think, if I make a quad-dominated mesh for a coarser mesh size, split some cells with too high angles into tris (splitting the highest angle into two), and then use Catmull-Clark, then I would get a nice quad mesh with the desired properties.

Did anybody implement the Catmull-Clark subdivision algorithm inside NetGen? New nodes projected onto curved boundaries like arcs and circles preferred!

I would hate to implement this and then see, that a better implementation was already there and ready to use!
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds