Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Instal NGSolve with MPI and MUMPS

More
1 year 4 months ago #4595 by Schwering
Hello everybody,

I am trying to reinstal NGSolve, but this time with MPI and MUMPS enabled. During the "make" comand (when Mumps is downloaded) an error occurs and the installation runs in a never endling loop of retrying the download. I think this happens because the developers of MUMPS changed the way to download their software and the old way doesn't work anymore. So I downloaded Mumps independently of NGSolve and now I have the question if it is possible to instal MUMPS before NGSolve and link it afterwards (just like I instal the MKL Library beforhand and link it in the installation of NGSolve via MKL_ROOT=...)?

Thanks for everybody who can help me!
More
1 year 4 months ago #4596 by mrambausek
I've done this once, but did not test my install a lot.

In this case one cannot use the cmake "superbuild" (at least for ngsolve) but must build the components (netgen, ngsolve, mumps, maybe other deps like parmetis) separately, which is not too complicated.
Then, IIRC, I've built mumps in the way quite close to what "superbuild" would have done. Have a look at the mumps related files in ngsolve's "cmake/external_projects" directory.

Best, Matthias
More
1 year 3 months ago #4601 by Schwering
Thanks!

I will test that on my machine and try if it works for me.
More
1 year 2 months ago #4654 by lahoussaine
Hello;
i'm wondring if you succeed to enable mumps in ngsolve ?

thanks
More
1 year 1 week ago #4749 by Schwering
Hello,

I didn't succeed yet, but I think my machine in our institute is the problem. I cannot install everything as I want to do, since I do not have root access and my administrator hadn't had time yet to link everything correctly.

Best wishes!

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds