Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Monitor meshing in Python

More
1 year 4 months ago #4587 by mrbenson
Hello,

1 - Is there a simple example showing how to monitor the meshing process (edges,faces,solides) and display customized info (with : stage, percent, id of the current entity)
I used to use "SetMessageImportance(2)" but that's quite "dirty" cause i need to parse the python stdout... I'd be nice to have an explicit defined FunctionPointer (callback)
2 - Does someone know what "SetLoggingLevel(LOG_LEVEL.Trace,"TaskManager")" is for ? I see nothing.

Best regards.
More
1 year 4 months ago #4589 by mrbenson
Replied by mrbenson on topic Monitor meshing in Python
Does the forum still active ?
More
1 year 4 months ago #4592 by mrambausek
Hi,

@1: at least to my still limited knowledge, I am not aware of such specialized/fine-grained progress tracking.

@2: Maybe this thread has an answer for you: ngsolve.org/forum/ngspy-forum/855-stop-t...ager-console-message
"TaskManager" is used to activate shared-memory parallelization. So the option you refer to might not always have an effect.

Hope I could help at least a bit.

Best,
Matthias R
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds