Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Assigning Boundary Marker when merging meshes

More
1 year 5 months ago #4525 by tommaso
Starting from the tutorial exemple  Working with meshes  for creating a volume mesh from two surface meshes (a cube and a sphere), I would like to mark a specific sub-surface of one of the surfaces, let's say one face of the cube, in order to have a Boundary Marker to be used in a FEM equation.

How should the tutorial exemple be modified to do so?

Thanks for your help
More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #4528 by tommaso
Always keeping in mind the tutorial exemple Working with meshes , but beeing a bit more specific, let's say I want to assign a custom boundary condition name to one of the square faces of the first mesh. What I would do is :
Code:
geo1 = CSGeometry() geo1.Add (OrthoBrick( Pnt(0,0,0), Pnt(1,1,1) )) m1 = geo1.GenerateMesh (maxh=0.1) m1.SetBCName(0, 'face1')

So that, its FaceDescriptors will look like:
Code:
[surfnr = 0, domin = 1, domout = 0, tlosurf = 0, bcprop = 1, bcname = face1, domin_sing = 0, domout_sing = 0, colour = (0, 1, 0, 1),  surfnr = 4, domin = 1, domout = 0, tlosurf = 0, bcprop = 2, bcname = default, domin_sing = 0, domout_sing = 0, colour = (0, 1, 0, 1),  surfnr = 3, domin = 1, domout = 0, tlosurf = 0, bcprop = 3, bcname = default, domin_sing = 0, domout_sing = 0, colour = (0, 1, 0, 1),  surfnr = 5, domin = 1, domout = 0, tlosurf = 0, bcprop = 4, bcname = default, domin_sing = 0, domout_sing = 0, colour = (0, 1, 0, 1),  surfnr = 1, domin = 1, domout = 0, tlosurf = 0, bcprop = 5, bcname = default, domin_sing = 0, domout_sing = 0, colour = (0, 1, 0, 1),  surfnr = 2, domin = 1, domout = 0, tlosurf = 0, bcprop = 6, bcname = default, domin_sing = 0, domout_sing = 0, colour = (0, 1, 0, 1)]

Now I want to merge the mesh of this object with the mesh m2 of a sphere to a new mesh, and keep the reference to this surface "face1" to the bounday condition names of the new mesh.

So I would create, in addiction to the FaceDescriptors associated with the two domanies, a FaceDescriptor for this surface like so:
Code:
fd_outside = mesh.Add (FaceDescriptor(bc=1,domin=1,surfnr=1)) fd_inside = mesh.Add (FaceDescriptor(bc=2,domin=2,domout=1,surfnr=2)) fd_face1 = mesh.Add (FaceDescriptor(bc=2,domin=2,domout=1,surfnr=3))

My question is: when coping all boundary points from first mesh to new mesh, how can I set the FaceDescriptor fd_face1 to only the surface elements which have the bcname=='face1' in the old mesh?
Thanks for your help.
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by tommaso.
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds