Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Bessel functions as CoefficientFunctions

• renzo
More
1 year 5 months ago #4523 by renzo
Hi, 

I want to use the bessel function from a python library (for example scipy.special) as a CoefficientFunctions.

my code:
from ngsolve import *
from scipy.special import jn    #import bessel J function
uexact = jn(1,x)

I get the following error:
uexact = jn(1,x)
TypeError: ufunc 'jv' not supported for the input types, and the inputs could not be safely coerced to any supported types according to the casting rule ''safe''

Is there a way to use these functions from a python library as CoefficentFunction?

Thank you,

Renzo

More
1 year 5 months ago #4524 by christopher
Hi, no you cannot use scipy functions as coefficients, but we have the ngs-special-functions addon that provides these functions:

github.com/NGSolve/ngs-special-functions

Best
Christopher
The following user(s) said Thank You: renzo
  • renzo
More
1 year 4 months ago #4566 by renzo
Hi Christopher, 
Thank you for your answer!
I followed the instruction to install the package on Linux and I tried to run the demo bessel.py but I get an import error:

ImportError: /home/c/rzanol/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/ngsolve/special_functions.so: undefined symbol: _ZNK5ngfem19CoefficientFunction14GetDescriptionB5cxx11Ev

Do you have any idea what could be the problem?
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds