Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Triangulate TopoDS_Shape with Netgen and OpenCascade

More
1 year 6 months ago #4515 by artemishenkov
Hello Forum!
I have an existing project which successfully uses the OpenCascade 7.5.0 library. But when I tried to use OpenCascade to triangulate different TopoDS_Shape from .STEP files I have figured out that OpenCascade triangulation is not good for solvers algorithms so I have decided to include Netgen 6.2.2204 in my project. I have successfully built netgen library with cmake-gui application using this guide:  cupofcad.com/2021/07/30/netgen-building-...n-cascade-technology / but I can't find any documentation or code example for triangulating TopoDS_Shape using Netgen 6.2.2204. All code examples which I have found were too legacy for the last Netgen version. 
I want to summarize, that my goal is to triangulate different types of TopoDS_Shape(face, shell, solid, compsolid) and get a result similar to what I do with Poly_Triangulation using OpenCascade. 
All of your help is valuable to me.
Artem
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds