Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Setting bc property value for OCC geometry

More
1 year 6 months ago #4503 by Yash.sooriya
Hello. I'm trying to use the Netgen OCC package to import and mesh a collection of step files. My main issue currently is setting bc property values for each of the geometry components. Previously, I was using .geo files as the input geometry where the '-bc' flag can be used to assign a bc value to all surfaces of a solid-tree. I am looking for a way to do something similar for each of the .step file geometry components if possible, if not an alternative to achieve a similar effect.

I have tried using mesh.bc() without any success. I am aware of mesh.SetBCName() which I believe can be used to set the name of the bc of a surface, however I'm looking to change the property value itself.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be very grateful to hear them.

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds