Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Quick 1D-mesh

More
1 year 7 months ago #4494 by welahi
Quick 1D-mesh was created by welahi
Dear all,

is there any 1D equivalent to the `unit_square`-mesh generation functionality in netgen? I just need an interval and don't want to import from external meshing software.

Thanks in advance,
welahi
More
1 year 7 months ago #4495 by hvwahl
Replied by hvwahl on topic Quick 1D-mesh
Hi wlahi,

the ngsolve submodule ngsolve.meshes has the function Make1DMesh for that purpose. You can also have a look at the ngsolve tutorial file py_tutorials/fem1d.py for this.

Best wishes,
Henry
More
1 year 7 months ago #4496 by welahi
Replied by welahi on topic Quick 1D-mesh
Thank you very much!

I have a follow-up question, though. The tutorial you mentioned is unfortunately very well hidden. I only knew the docs , but the tutorials aren't the same as on github. I've also noticed that minor things in the current version don't work exactly like in the docs. Is somewhere a complete, up-to-date documentation/tutorial I don't know of? :D

Best,
welahi
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds