Forum Message

We have moved the forum to https://forum.ngsolve.org . This is an archived version of the topics until 05/05/23. All the topics were moved to the new forum and conversations can be continued there. This forum is just kept as legacy to not invalidate old links. If you want to continue a conversation just look for the topic in the new forum.

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

ngsolve installation on ubuntu 17.10

More
5 years 10 months ago #547 by MarkusKonrad
Hi,

I try to get the recent version of ngsolve. When I do
sudo apt-get update -o Acquire::AllowInsecureRepositories=true,
I get (as 7 months ago):
W: The repository ' ngsolve.org/files/ubuntu artful_amd64/ Release' is not signed.
N: Daten von einem solchen Software-Archiv können nicht authentifiziert werden, daher ist es gefährlich, diese zu benutzen.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
W: No Hash entry in Release file /var/lib/apt/lists/ngsolve.org_files_ubuntu_artful%5famd64_Release which is considered strong enough for security purposes
W: Ungültiger »Date«-Eintrag in Release-Datei /var/lib/apt/lists/ngsolve.org_files_ubuntu_artful%5famd64_Release
W: Konflikt bei Distribution: ngsolve.org/files/ubuntu artful_amd64/ Release (artful_amd64/ erwartet, aber bekommen)
E: Fehlschlag beim Holen von ngsolve.org/files/ubuntu/artful_amd64/de_DE 404 Not Found
E: Fehlschlag beim Holen von ngsolve.org/files/ubuntu/artful_amd64/en 404 Not Found
E: Fehlschlag beim Holen von ngsolve.org/files/ubuntu/artful_amd64/de 404 Not Found
E: Einige Indexdateien konnten nicht heruntergeladen werden. Sie wurden ignoriert oder alte an ihrer Stelle benutzt.

Similar to what I got 7 months ago. That time Matthias included packages for Ubuntu artful.

Thank you for your help!

best regards

Markus
More
5 years 10 months ago #548 by cwinters
Hi,

it sounds like you are still using the old packages from the homepage. Now the packages are available on launchpad and they are signed.

Please remove the old repository and follow the new instruction in the download section .

Best,
Christoph
More
5 years 10 months ago #549 by MarkusKonrad
Hi Christoph,

thank you!
I followed the instructions from the download section and did:
sudo apt-get remove --purge ngsolve
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ngsolve/ngsolve
sudo apt-get update -o Acquire::AllowInsecureRepositories=true

The latter command again lead to the warning:
W: The repository ' ngsolve.org/files/ubuntu artful_amd64/ Release' is not signed.
and errors:
E: Fehlschlag beim Holen von ngsolve.org/files/ubuntu/artful_amd64/en 404 Not Found
E: Fehlschlag beim Holen von ngsolve.org/files/ubuntu/artful_amd64/de 404 Not Found
E: Fehlschlag beim Holen von ngsolve.org/files/ubuntu/artful_amd64/de_DE 404 Not Found
E: Einige Indexdateien konnten nicht heruntergeladen werden. Sie wurden ignoriert oder alte an ihrer Stelle benutzt.

Do I have to worry about these errors?

Then installation was finally successful:
sudo apt install ngsolve

Version NGSolve-6.2.1804 was installed.

best regards

Markus
More
5 years 10 months ago #550 by cwinters
Hi Markus,

I guess purging the old repository did not work. Check the list of your repositories (/etc/apt/sources.list) and remove the lines pointing to "ngsolve.org/files/ubuntu/...". Then you should get rid of the warnings.
Additionally you shouldn't need to add "Acquire::AllowInsecureRepositories=true" if you use the ppa on launchpad.

Otherwise it sounds like you are on the newest version, thus you got it from the correct repository.

Best,
Christoph
More
5 years 10 months ago #552 by MarkusKonrad
Hi Christoph,

thank you, this helped! Now it worked without warnings.

best regards

Markus
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds